Chapter Seventy One

The next couple of hours were spent outside on our hotel patio. Tomorrow was our last day before we were off to France. As we sat holding each other, I rested my head on his shoulder. He looked at me and smiled, "You okay?" He lovingly stroked my cheek, making me giggle. "I'm more than okay. I'm with you." Ric grinned more as he held me close, "I love you." I kissed his cheek, "And I love you too."

When we both got hungry, we decided to find a local restaurant. It helped that Ric knew some German so I knew exactly what I was ordering. Since I wasn't very adventurous in my eating habits, I ordered a burger and fries. So did Ric.

"Vi?" I looked up at him, "Yeah?" He reached across the table and held my hand, "I love you." I smiled, "I love you too." We smiled at each other until our food arrived.

It smelled and tasted wonderful since everything was fresh. When I accidentally got ketchup on my cheek, Ric cleaned it up for me, causing me to blush. He grinned playfully.

We ate and talked about our plans for tomorrow. It still amazed me that I was actually married to him. That I was Violet Summer Evans Saltzman, his wife. No longer friend or girlfriend, but wife. I didn't care what anyone had to say about it, I was beyond happy and nobody could take away my happiness.