Chapter Forty Two

We dropped off our stuff in the car, including my shoes since my feet were starting to swell up a bit then we walked around the block hand in hand. I had never been so happy. The food was amazing, Ric loved his present, he proposed and we had a little bundle of joy on the way. As we walked, we stumbled upon a sidewalk band. They were playing a love song that always made me emotional, I Get To Love You by Ruelle. I sniffled as Ric gently walked me over and started to dance with me.

We swayed slowly as the band continued to play. Tears rolled down my cheeks, I never felt this way before. Ric gently lifted my chin, dried my tears and kissed me. The band finished the song and started applauding us as did the small crowed who was watching the band did too. I blushed as the clapping continued. "Something tells me that you guys are having a special night." The singer smiled. "We just got engaged." Ric announced. "Ah, I see. Gentlemen, it's time to play the song."

I was confused until the song started playing. It was All of Me by John Legend. Ric smiled as we danced yet again. I held him as close as my pregnancy would allow, letting time slowly drift away.

After dancing to a few more songs, Ric walked me down the block. As we walked, it started to rain. Instead of running under cover like everyone else around us, Ric guided me into the completely empty street and carefully spun me around. The wet street felt cool against my bare feet as I felt like I was gliding. It was like we were in a never ending fairy tale.

He picked me up and with my legs wrapped around him and his hands on my back, I leaned back. My arms spread out as the rain danced with us. I pulled myself back up and kissed Ric. Nothing could ever compete with this. It felt like a scene out of one of my favorite romantic movies and I never, ever wanted the night to end.