Chapter Thirty Eight

After talking to Ric, I headed to gym. Since I was pregnant but didn't want anyone to know, I had my doctor write me a note saying that I tore a muscle in my back and couldn't participate. My gym teacher believed it because I was always extremely clumsy.

So while the class played dodge ball, I sat on the bleachers and called the restaurant. "Yes, hi this is Violet from yesterday. I'm just calling to make sure I still have my reservation for tonight at 6:30pm." The hostess confirmed, "Yes ma'am, it's right here." "Okay thank you. See you tonight." I hung up.

I had made reservations at an extremely fancy restaurant for Ric's birthday since I wanted it to be the best birthday he ever had. Even though everything was going perfectly so far, I was still a teensy bit nervous.

"Just relax Violet. It's gonna be perfect." I calmed myself down and rubbed my pregnant belly. I smiled as I thought about how happy I was.

Next period I had Biology and unfortunately we were dissecting a toad. I had to walk out after telling the teacher that I was going to be sick. I really was so I went to the nurse to lay down. He said to go ahead.

Ric was teaching so I couldn't stop by his classroom so I just relaxed. Just then I heard an all too familiar voice and shoes. It was Hayley in her signature 5 inch heels. What was she doing here?

"Mr. Jones, I just threw up. Can I lay down?" Next thing I knew, she walks back to where I am. "Oh great." She rolled her eyes when she saw me. So she laid down and ignored me.

She pulled out her phone and clicked the screen with her two inch acrylic nails. I scrolled through my own phone, looking at all the pictures Ric and I had taken together and some I took of just him. My favorite picture of him was from this morning. I got up before him so it's him smiling at the camera shirtless.

Eventually Hayley broke the silence. "So why are you here?" "Bio was making me sick." She chuckled, "Dissection day?" "How did you know?" I looked over at her. "I had that class second block. I'm just now not feeling well." "Damn."

"Look, I don't want people knowing I talked to you so do me a favor and don't tell anyone. Got it?" She said as she got up. "I won't tell." "Good." She flicked her hair and walked out. That was weird. She was nice to me. That was even weirder, what the hell was her deal?