Entry 1 - Aiden

~~~~~~~~~~~)()(()))((~~~~~~~~~~~~~~()()())))((((())()~~~~~~~

Dad had given this to me, this journal.

It's for the new school year which I will be starting tomorrow.

This will stay in my backpack, for now.

~~~~~~~~~~(Later)~~~~~~~~~~

It happened again.

For sure I thought it wouldn’t happen, at least not yet. I had just got settled into the town. I was already thinking of college choices and jobs.

Now that is all out the window.

The attack had come out of nowhere.

I had been sitting in my room at my desk finishing writing up a school form. I had a clear view of the front door from where I sat. There was a little knock at the door. Annie, the maid my dad had hired, walked to the door to answer it. She opened the door, and it was looking back upon a memory. She fell to the floor, neck snapped. Dead.

No not again.

I barely had time to think let alone mourn for her. I jumped up and grabbed my laptop, my bag which was on the ground, and the clothes that were sitting on the bed. Annie had just made them. I stuffed it all into the bag, and then I grabbed the lighter that sits in the top drawer of my desk. I light the floor boards on fire. I backed towards the window, opening it as I did.

I said goodbye to being normal, to what I wanted. Then I clenched my hands. I thought about my mom. It always feels like my body is being consumed with a fire. It feels so good though. Then my body explodes with happiness. I felt my claws against the wood floor. The room started to get hotter and hotter.

I could hear them begin to climb the stairs. I grabbed my bag then I jumped up out of the window. I’m glad all my stuff is pretty light and my money is mostly in the bank. I gained height, just enough so it would be hard to aim at me. I liked being a bird sometimes. Today I choose to be an Eagle. It was really nice soaring though the sky. I sonmetimes love being an animal.

Not all the time though, just sometimes.

I hated being a shape shifter, mostly when I am the last of my kind. Mostly when they are trying to kill me. Mostly when it’s hard to even pretend I’m normal now. Just not when I'm an animal.

Back to what was happening. I flew to the next town, which is 20 minutes away from the house. I used some of the money I had and I called up my dad. He is sending me a cab, he said it’s going to take about 1 hour. So here I am waiting in a small café as it heavily rains. Here I am writing in my journal, which luckily looks like a high school notebook. So I’m fine.

I wonder where I’ll be sent off to next?

Where will dad hide me now?

Africa?

England?

China?

Russia?

Who Knows.

AIDEN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here is Aiden's journal entry. This weekend, I think I will mostly be posting Aiden's journal entries. Get him caught up. Hope you like it. Well I got to go. Emmie