Chapter Two 'Prescription'

December the 1st, a spiteful cold winter now to be domed upon us. I sat on the brown leather couch watching the forecast; the voice's echoed off the wall spilling into the empty rooms around.  I was alone as my father took my sisters out for breakfast. As the only one who was dead, I refused to eat half the time. I found it unimportant to eat; I didn't need it to feel as if I was still alive. I had come to the truth that I wasn't. I glanced out of the large French windows to see small little puffs float down from the heavens, snow, it had finally come.

                        I stood up taking my dear sweet time as I walked into the kitchen. I opened the large fridge scanning it for my glass bottle. I spotted it; it was resting behind the milk waiting for me. My chocolate wine. I preferred wine over beer, the elegance wine held. It was something beer stood no chance to.

I stood in the front room sipping my drink, waiting for my family to arrive back home. Normally they would be here already. My life was practically a schedule now. Though I liked it like this, it made it somehow easier to focus on everything. Then in the distance I could hear the engine of a car, I turned my eyes towards the sound seeing my father's car roll down the street then into the driveway. I smiled, picturing how my sisters would jump out of the car and run into the house to tell me of all their adventures. My smile quickly faded as another car pulled in behind my father's.

                        I stayed perfectly still as I watched my father carry my sister Lizzie from the car as Chrissy followed, almost falling onto the ground. Then the doors to the other car opened, two men came into my sight. One of the men held a full head of dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Then the other man had whisky brown hair and light jade green eyes. Both men wore fancy and what seemed to be expensive suits . I had a pretty clear idea about who these men were.

                        Doctors. Another pair of doctors that my dad has hired to come and examine me. Maybe just to try to understand why I am still here.  I hated doctors, each and everything kind. Every since I 'came back to life' my father has been obsessive. He would read medical journals, watch health programs; he would even pray at times. Then he would pay for doctors to run many tests on me, each would make a crazy theory in the end. Like 'I guess it's the devil', or 'Well it might be strong will power', or an even better one 'Maybe he is a superhero'.  All I needed was an answer, not some idiotic theory.

I gripped my glass harder as I turned my head towards the front door. I listened as it opened with a loud woosh, winter air filled the house. My father, without a single word to me, marched up the stairs tugging taking the two along with him. I took a few quick steps to the door, listening as two male voices grumbled about the cold. Right as I got there the two men walked in. I stared at them, wishing they would leave. I did not need men with medical degrees to keep repeating stuff I already know. I have heard it all.

                        "Chris good you're here." My father began as he appeared on the stairs. I glanced up at him, wishing he too would disappear. "Well Chris, this is Dr. Darcy and Dr. Andrews. They are here to help." My father continued as he walked down the stairs and stood in front of the doctors, all three were looking at me. I just stared right back at them; no words came from my mouth. Minutes pasted, and I had finally had enough. I turned around and headed into the family room, seating myself in the armchair by the bookshelf as I placed my glass on the side table. All three of them followed. Both doctors took the sofa closet to me, as my father sat in another armchair on the other side of the room. The doctors stared at me as if I was some prized piece of meat. My father on the other hand stared out the window, maybe gazing at the clouds. 

                        "It's an honor to meet you Chris, I'm Jack Andrews." The doctor with brown hair, Dr. Andrews, said. The other doctor must be Dr. Darcy. "And I am Will Darcy." He smiled at me. I decided to be polite and smile back. At least these two weren't a pair of two old men. Dr. Darcy glanced over at Dr. Andrews and smiled, he smiled right back. With that single gesture Dr. Andrews opened his bag and pulled out a few things. To be exact, a notepad and pencil, a portable CD player, and one CD in a blank case. He handed it all to me. I looked at it, trying to understand.