Chapter 9

Chapter 9: I was gradually becoming Suyang’s nanny

“You!” I heatedly snatched the contract from Suyang’s hands, “Fine! You win!”

Just as I was about to leave, Suyang blocked me.

“What else do you want?”

Suyang looked at me like I was a hopeless child as he placed his hand on the top of my head and roughly turned it towards the clock against the wall.

“Goldfish, it’s 7:12am. It is time for you to fulfill your obligations from the contract. Time for you to prepare breakfast.”

“What? Do you think I’m nanny?”

“In the contract, it states that you are responsible for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So you can go prepare breakfast now. I am not a picky eater. I will eat anything.”

Then, Suyang took out 200rmb from his wallet. “Food allowance.”

I took the 200rmb and thought of a plan.

I truly wanted to say, you’ll eat anything, right? If I am the one buying, I’ll definitely buy you the “highest quality” breakfast to match your “high class” image.

I smiled cunningly behind Suyang’s back as I took his 200rmb and casually grabbed my jacket. I left the door without washing my face. Deep down, I was thinking, “You want to have sandwiches with milk? Bread with jam? The typical standard breakfast? Dream on!”

In less than ten minutes, I had returned back from a breakfast place around the neighbourhood. I was carrying a lot of food.

“I have breakfast here. Come over and eat.”

I removed the plastic bag on the dining table and displayed the items that I had bought.

The breakfast place was known for its soft bean curd with deep fried bread stick. However, I was worried the ‘young master’ wouldn’t be accustomed to this type of food. So, as a kind-hearted woman, I also bought a steamer basket of one of their most popular dishes -the mincemeat steamed dumplings that had freshly came out of the oven.

“What is this?” Suyang stared at the breakfast that I had bought. His expression looked like he was staring at ET.

“Breakfast! Eat!” I knew this rich guy had never eaten a commoner’s breakfast. I secretly grinned as I took out two bowls and chopsticks. I sat on the opposite side of Suyang and began to eat.

As we ate, I silently glanced at Suyang to observe his expression.

I had already thought of all the things that I would say to mock him if he said it wasn’t his type of meal. Unexpectedly, Suyang didn’t complain at all. He quietly ate everything that I bought.

“The soft bean curd tastes better when mixed.” I reminded him.

Suddenly, he lifted his hand towards me.

“What?”

“My money. I gave you $200rmb. You only bought this stuff. What about the rest of my money?”