Chapter 51

Chapter 51: Hong Xiaobei’s story (Part 3)

“Follow me!” He forcefully dragged Hong Xiaobei and stuffed her into his car. Then he speedily drove away and took her to his apartment.

“Oh! I have came here before! I remember fried chicken. Mmm where is fried chicken? I want to eat fried chicken….” Hong Xiaobei was on the floor hugging Kevin’s table as she foolishly grinned. She was drooling.

Kevin shook his head. “Ugh, so gross.” He picked Hong Xiaobei up and brought her to his room. After putting her on his bed, he began to straddle over her and loosened his clothes.

“What are you doing?” Hong Xiaobei asked with no expression as she stared at Kevin.

As Kevin removed his clothes, he calmly explained, “Can’t you tell? I’ve thought about it. From the way you’re acting, one day while I’m not around, you’re going to get raped. If that is the case, why don’t we have sex first? So in the future when you think back, you won’t have any regrets.”

“What? Are you crazy? I’ve told you before. If you’re going to do something strange to me, I will….” Hong Xiaobei didn’t really believe Kevin would do anything. She thought he was joking around. So she only pointed her finger to warn him. But before she could complete her sentence, Kevin grabbed her hand and their lips touched.

“You….” She couldn’t hide the shock from her voice. Kevin’s other hand was busy untying Hong Xiaobei’s clothes.

“Release me!” After struggling, Hong Xiaobei managed to free her hands as she began to continuously pound on Kevin’s back. She realized Kevin was not joking with her.

Hong Xiaobei was very frightened. Due to the lack of oxygen, her brain wasn’t able to function well. She began to tremble. Just as she was about to surrender to Kevin, she suddenly became sober. In a moment of desperation, she bit Kevin’s mouth and then kicked him off the bed.

“Ah!”

“Are you crazy?” Kevin yelled as he touched his lips. There was blood seeping out.

“You’re the one who is crazy!” Hong Xiaobei shouted. She took a pillow from the bed and threw it at Kevin, “How can you do something like this to me?”

The two of them glared at each other without saying a word. One of them sat on the bed with her hair in a mess; while the other stood with his clothes in disarray.

After a long period of silence, the two gradually calmed down from their impulsive behaviour. Kevin brought the medical box over and handed Xiaobei an ice bag to apply it on her left face. As for Hong Xiaobei, she poured the rubbing alcohol onto a cotton swab and began to help Kevin disinfect the wounds on his face.

“Are you seriously going to continue living like a zombie?” Kevin was the first to break the silence.

“I don’t know.” Hong Xiaobei thought her life was a joke. What's she going to do from now on…? She had never thought about it. Every night when she closed her eyes, it was as if she could see her future -a pitch of darkness.

“Last month, Xu Weishan returned from England. She’s the person who looks exactly like you.”

For a long time, Hong Xiaobei didn’t respond. Kevin continued, “Aren’t you curious about what happened? After I met up with her, she actually confessed to me. What a joke. I haven’t seen her for so many years, yet suddenly….”