Chapter 69

Chapter 69: The meal

I followed him into the room. Mi Fan was also inside. But they both had their clothes on properly.

Huh? It wasn’t the type of relationship I was thinking? Or could it be, they haven’t started yet?

Ahhhh...what was I thinking?

But this room was very luxurious. Could this be the legendary presidential suite?

I was so amazed by the room that I had stopped in my tracks.

No! No! Lin Yixin! You need to stay sober! You must know your duties. Control yourself! You can do it! My heart gave myself a warning.

Mi Fan and the guy were already seated. The man opened his mouth, “I ordered the chef to purposely prepare these dishes for you. They are your favourite. Father has been very busy lately, but he told me I must take good care of reporter Mi. Thank you for what you have done for us.”

Then, the guy gave me a look.

Was that the cue for me to serve? I was certain he was hinting something, but I didn’t know what to do.

I was trying to think of the scenarios in dramas where the male and female lead would be sharing a candlelight dinner in a romantic atmosphere. What was the server doing on the side?

I never paid attention to the server! Ahhh!

Ai ya! Screw it! I just have to lift the lid and then display the food in front of them, right? Then, I could excuse myself!

“Oh? I’m curious to see what the young master has prepared for me… It’s according to my preference?” Mi Fan gazed at me. She was waiting for me to introduce the dishes to her.

Oh God! Kill me! At this rate, my disguise will be exposed!

I hardened my scalp and displayed the first dish. “Ummm...this is, uh… a steak?” I forcefully squeezed out a smile as I used my judgment and placed the steak in front of Mi Fan.

“And this, uh…. This is a mixed salad...” I stared at the pile of veggies in the dish. It should be a salad, right?

“Also, this is, umm….” I scrutinized the unknown item in front of me. Who could tell me what the heck it is? I didn’t even introduce the item as I directly placed it in front of the guy.

Their expressions were a bit peculiar. My only wish was to quickly open the red wine and dash.

This was the first time I had ever attempted to open a bottle of red wine. How do you open it? Regardless of how hard I tugged, it wouldn’t budge…

I used all my strength but still failed to pull out the cork. Mi Fan couldn’t take it anymore and pointed at the bottle opener.

“Oh…” I stabbed the bottle opener in the middle of the cork and used all my strength to pull.

“Young master, I’m honestly quite skeptical of your hotel’s standards. You have these type of servers to please your customers?” Mi Fan rolled her eyes at me; she looked displeased.