Chapter 40

Chapter 40: The discovery

Suddenly, I realized Xu Weishan was missing. She came with me, was it ok she didn’t return with me? Being a ghost was sure easy. She could get to places in a whoosh.

Shortly after, Suyang entered the car. On our way home, we didn’t say a single word to each other. I honestly couldn’t take the silence, so I pressed down on a radio station to listen to the broadcast.

“This is…..”

The host’s voice just came on, but Suyang turned it off.

“You!”

“I don’t like listening to broadcasts.” Suyang responded. He had reverted back to his cold state again. He was no longer the warm and smiley Suyang who patted my head. How could a person change so quickly?

“Don’t look at me like that.” Perhaps Suyang was uncomfortable by my resentful gaze.

“Boss, don’t you think it’s a pity?”

“What’s a pity?”

I was thoroughly defeated by him, “Um...becoming a professor and enrolling me into the University. It must have required a lot of work for you to get us this far. Are you actually ok if I quit?”

“So are you implying you want to continue going to school?”

“No no no! Misunderstanding! Misunderstanding!! That’s not what I meant...I’m just curious, and wanted to ask.” I violently shook my head back and forth. I didn’t expect my casual sentence would push me so close to the overhanging cliff.

“The school had invited me a while back to be the literature visiting professor. It isn’t as complicated as you may think.”

I was stunned, and decided to ask all the questions necessary to get things clear. “Boss, based on your age, you shouldn’t have completed a Ph.D degree yet. How could you be a visiting professor? Also, boss, what type of author are you? I went on the web to search your name but I couldn’t find anything…”

“You went on the web to search my name?” Suyang raised his brow and looked at me.

“Don’t misunderstand! I was only curious! That’s why…!” I blurted. I tried my best to make myself seem less pathetic.

“Also, who says I don’t have a Ph.D degree?”

“But you're only….”

Suyang snorted, “Humph, you still can’t accept the fact that I’m a genius? I received my doctoral degree at the age of 24. Ha, commoner….” Then, he shot me a glance.

Oh, sorry! My clumsy eyes failed to see you were a genius. As expected, there was a fine line between a genius and a madman.

“I feel very relieved to hear you say this. I was afraid if I resigned from school, I would have wasted all your efforts… little did I realize you are such a man of talent!” I sarcastically emphasized the words 'man of talent'.

“It’s good that you know your boss is a genius. From now on, you should treat me better.”

“Yes….on Monday, I’m going to resign from school!” I couldn’t conceal my smile; the main reason was because I could quit school, the other was due to Suyang’s excessive self confidence in himself. It was quite amusing. He probably had no idea how ridiculous he looked when he praises himself!