Chapter 29

Chapter 29: The ghost was Xu Weishan

There were two seconds of silence. Then, Suyang hastily stood up without untying my hair. After he straightened out his suit, he dashed off like a released arrow.

I was still lying on the ground, thinking, if I remained on the ground, would they disregard my existence and continue arguing?

With difficulties, I stood up. Sadly, my hand was still tangled with my hair. I pretended to scratch my head as I spoke aloud and walked by Xu Weishan and Kevin, “Ah! My head is so itchy. I wonder if it’s because I didn’t wash the shampoo off properly today….?”

The moment I exited the room, I made the fastest escape in history.

I ran into the female washroom and faced the mirror. It took me a very long time before I was able to untangle myself. Sure enough, men were unreliable. Women must be able to fend for themselves!

Since I had forcefully pulled out a few strands of hair, I grimaced in pain. The first thing I did after my hand was free was to fly-kick the ghost that had the same exact face as Xu Weishan. Although I was only kicking air, it still helped dissolve some anger. “What do you want from me? You’ve already scared me twice today! Twice! Tell me, if Xu Weishan and Kevin ask about me and Suyang tomorrow, what am I supposed to say?” I yelled.

She didn’t say anything; all she did was stare at me.

“I’m telling you, even though you and Xu Weishan look exactly the same, I am not interested in knowing why! Stop following me around, do you understand?”

I furiously slammed the paper towel in the garbage can as I gave her a sideways glance. But my words appeared to be useless.

Each time I tried to take a step forward, the ghost would purposely block and prevent me from leaving the washroom.

“Silu…..” A voice suddenly appeared. At first, I thought the ghost was talking to me. I was flabbergasted.

From the entrance corner, a head popped in. It was Xu Weishan. She had unrolled her hair and it was obstructing her face. It was more frightening than the female ghost.

She must be here to ask me about what just happened. I must remain calm. I must pretend….ugh how must I pretend? Based on what they saw, there was nothing I can feign!

While I was thinking of what to say, Xu Weishan was frank and directly confronted me, “You are Professor Su’s lover, huh?”

“What nonsense are you talking about?” I pretend to act clueless.

“Kevin and I already caught you guys, why are you still pretending?” Xu Weishan sleekly walked over to my side and nudged me with her shoulder. “I know your circumstances. Secret relationship between a professor and a student. Don’t worry, I’ll keep the secret for you.”

“Oh…..thank you?” I helplessly replied as explaining would be no use. I might as well allow Xu Weishan to keep her mouth shut. “You seriously have to keep this confidential! Do not tell anyone!”

“Don’t worry. Don’t worry! By the way, today, there was a misunderstanding. I saw you and Kevin chatting, and I thought you were trying to seduce him. As a result, I might’ve been a bit rude. Don’t blame me, ok?”

“Of course not! No, no. I only said a few words to Kevin. We don’t really know each other.”

“Honestly, you can’t blame me. It’s because my Kevin is too outstanding. Many girls are after him like a tiger after its prey. I have no choice but to have my guard up high. You understand, right?”