Chapter 129 - 130

Chapter 129: I’ve decided

“I’m….Grandmother Meng’s client! As for what happened here, I don’t know. It was already a mess when I came.”

“Grandmother’s client?” Suyang narrowed his eyes to indicate his lack of trust towards me.

“Hi! You must be Suyang?” I lightly punched Suyang on the shoulder. That was how guys say hi, right?

“Grandmother Meng often brings you up. You’re his wonderful grandson, eh? Hahaha! I think she’s busy today so I guess I’m going to go too! Bye!”

Just as I was about to leave, Suyang blocked me.

“Wait!”

“Wait...what…?” Suyang grabbed my arm and wouldn’t let go. Then, with his other hand, he dialed a number.

Grandmother Meng’s cell phone began to ring on the table.

Alright, I admit...Grandmother Meng is missing and there’s a mysterious man in her apartment. I’m definitely very suspicious…. But what could I say? Directly tell Suyang I’m Lin Yixin? He’s going to think I’m insane! Plus, earlier I was already planning to tell Xialing I’ll leave so that everyone could remain safe

“Have I seen you from somewhere before?”

My heart thumped. Could Suyang recognize me? No way!? We aren’t at the stage where we could see through each others’ souls yet!

“You look very familiar to me…”

Oh yeah! I am Anson now. “We” used to be childhood playmates. Although that happened years ago, there must still be some sort of resemblance. It wasn’t all that weird Suyang thought my face looked familiar.

“Most people often say I look like someone they know. Maybe I just have a face catered to the mass? Haha…” I pulled my arm out of Suyang’s grasp.

Suyang went over to Grandmother Meng’s desk and picked up her phone. Based on his expression, I could tell his brain was speculating. I wanted to silently slip out while he was focused.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Suyang’s voice rang from behind me.

“I...er… Grandmother Meng isn’t here right now. There’s no reason for me to remain here.”

“My grandma is missing and you are at the scene of the crime. You cannot leave!”

Darn it. I couldn’t even escape if I wanted to. “So what do you want?”

“Go to the police station with me! We are reporting the case to the authorities.” Suyang grabbed my collar and dragged me. He was totally treating me like a man. He was so rough!

Seeing how aggressive Suyang was acting, Xialing instantly knew I did not tell him the truth. She ran and blocked us, “What do you think you’re doing?”

I was trying to use my eyes to seek for help. I wanted her to think of a solution for us.

“Oh yes. You’re also a suspect. You must go to the police station with us.” With his other hand, Suyang grabbed onto Xialing’s pigtails and dragged us both with him.