Chapter 137 - 138

Chapter 137: Three years later 

After flying for five hours, I still had to transfer to another flight. I decisively gritted my teeth as I stared at the familiar phone number on my cell phone and pressed dial. The phone began to ring. 

The moment the call went through, I exploded, “Miss Xialing. I want to ask you, do you know how to write the word humanity? I have been working my butt off at City C for half a month. Now that I could finally return home, you chose a cheap ass flight and you’re going to make me transfer again?! How could you bully your own boss like this?”

“Aiya….boss. Who says I’m bullying you?” Xialing sounded a bit muffled. She was probably eating something. “I’m doing this for your firm! I’m helping the firm save money. That means I’m helping you to save money, boss!”

I icily laughed. On the surface, Xialing’s words sounded very logical. But she thought she could fool me. “Last week, when you went on a business trip to City D, you stayed at a luxurious suite for three nights. So that was helping me save money as well?!” 

“F**k…!” I could hear Xialing swear under her breath, “Did Zhou Zhen tell you? Damn that guy! He only knows how to tattletale on people. Ughhh!!!” 

I coldly humphed. “Forget it. So what if Zhou Zhen was the one who told me? You’re physically weaker than him. Your spiritual powers are not as strong as his either. Yet you still want to get revenge?”

“Oh yeah, Yixin! There was a case that Wenwen was supposed to take over, but she can’t do it anymore. Last night, her boyfriend dumped her and now she’s crying as if her life is over. Right now, her own safety is more of a concern! Zhou Zhen and I are both already on a case. Do you think you…”

“I just finished my business trip...if I remember correctly, Wenwen’s case is also in another city, right?”

“Yeah. But today, CEO Xu called to rush us. He wants someone over ASAP…”

I sighed. “Fine. Help me book another flight….actually, forget it. Tell me where it is and I’ll book it myself. I can’t trust you anymore.”      

“My love, your words are breaking my heart…. But as an excellent staff from your firm, I’ve already pre-booked your flight ticket.” 

“What? You already pre-booked…? You were already planning to shove this case onto me?” 

I was furious. We’ve been working together for so long. Why was I still falling for Xialing’s schemes?

“Don’t tell me you’re going to make me return to City B and then fly again?!”

“Of course not! Actually, from the start, I booked you a direct flight. You’re currently at your destination! Go get your luggage, boss! Work hard! I’m cheering you on! I’m always with you in spirit!”

Then, Xialing hung up the phone. For some reason, every time Xialing called me boss, I felt like she was mocking me. 

Currently, I still had the phone by my ear. I could hear the “di di” sound of a discontinued line. I stood at the airport; unsure of whether I should laugh or cry. 

Eventually, I looked around my surroundings.The airport still looked the same as it did when I left three years ago. City A. Who would’ve thought I would be back again for work.