Chapter 111 - 112

Chapter 111: The mystery thickens

“Please have a seat.” Wen Yihan politely invited me inside. But although he said 'please', in actuality, he pressed me down onto the sofa vertically. After seeing him in real life, all my thoughts of flipping him over went out the window. 

I obediently and respectfully remained seated as I observed his every movements…

“Is there a reason for your late visit, Miss Lin?” Wen Yihan was dressed in very comfortable clothing. This was probably his house. 

He already knew the reason, yet he was still asking! Humph! 

“I already told you, I came to deliver mooncake. After all, we kind of know each other… no… I mean, I know Gao Jialan… it’s Mid Autumn Festival, I came to visit her.” 

“If you’re a visitor, you should have entered through the front doors with the owner’s permission. But you?” Wen Yihan was a bit speechless. Then, he continued, “She is already resting. Pregnant women need to sleep early if they want their babies to be healthy.”

Even if you beat me up, I wouldn’t believe you care about the baby’s wellbeing!

I stood up. “Gao Jialan and I are from the same orphanage. Since we’re parentless, she’s practically family. Mid Autumn Festival is a day where people are supposed to reunite with each other. Why can’t we meet today?”

“Family? You haven’t seen your ‘family’ for over a decade. You still consider her ‘family’?” Wen Yihan’s tone turned cold. “Also, I’ve already told you. She’s resting now. If you want to see her, wait until tomorrow.” 

I lit up. “Really? If I wait until tomorrow, you’ll let me see her?”  

Wen Yihan nodded. Then, he casually added another line, “If you’re still here by tomorrow…” 

“A-…..are you going to report me to the police so they can lock me up?”

For a moment, I imagined myself being locked up with Shen Shaoqian. Aside from shame, I couldn’t feel anything else. We were always the ones slowing Suyang down. Now, Suyang was our only hope. 

“I won’t be sending you to the police station. But someone will escort you home soon.” 

That was quite unexpected. I thought he would take this opportunity to crush me… I didn’t think he would let me go so easily. 

“But don’t help Gao Jialan anymore.” 

Ah, so there was a condition.

“Is that your condition for releasing me? I knew it!  You wealthy people always have so much drama! But this child is innocent. He doesn’t know anything. Plus, the Wen clan had never acknowledged Gao Jialan. Why do you have to get rid of her? As long as you promise to release her, she will take her child and leave this place. She won’t be competing with you and the Wen clan.” 

“When did I ever say I am going to get rid of her?” 

“How about the child?”

“The child cannot stay.” Wen Yihan curtly responded. The certainty in his voice did not allow for any negotiation. 

Since I was already caught, I wasn’t going to give up so easily. “This child is not a threat to you. Why must you be so cruel?” I blurted.