Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Sheyu doesn’t remember me

Suyang walked the doctor out and came back with a blue kettle.

“Explain to me what just happened.” The moment I opened my mouth, I instantly regretted it.

I shouldn’t have said it like that. So I quickly altered my words, “Were you and the police secretly monitoring me?”

“Yes.” Suyang responded. He poured a cup of water for himself and crossed his legs as he leaned back against the chair with a cheeky expression.

“How did you guys know my plan?”

“Use your goldfish brain. What is my relationship with Shen Shaoqian?” Suyang hooked his finger through the centre of the frame and took the glasses off.

There were no lenses to begin with.

“He told me you wanted to borrow his surveillance camera glasses frame. I can’t believe you were planning to risk your own life to capture the killer.” Based on his tone, I couldn’t tell if he felt helpless or he was trying to mock me.

At the time, I had nicely requested Shen Shaoqian not to tell Suyang. Unexpectedly, he still did. I pouted my mouth and wouldn’t look at Suyang straight in the eye.

I must seem so stupid to him now…

My original plan was to record all of the homicidal maniac’s criminal activities with my glasses.That way, when the police searched through my dead body, they would discover the secret of the glasses and have the necessary evidence in order to seize him.

“Yeah. You saw through my plan. And you saved my life.”

Since I had survived such a horrific incident, I was naturally quite casual about it. But Suyang’s expression was not casual at all. His face was rock solid as he jabbed my brain. “You called that a plan? A paramecium is a hundred times smarter than you at dealing with its enemies!”

“Ah! Ah! Ah! So painful!” I stopped Suyang as I glared at him, “My brain is injured! Can’t you see the bandages around my head? How can you poke it!?”

“See what? I have to make you suffer a bit so you can evolve into a human with an intellectual mind.”

“You!”

Suyang really enjoyed making me red in the face. He smiled and said in a satisfactory manner, “I told you. When you get beat up, I will call the police for you.”

Although he was joking, he actually did it.

At the end of the day, Suyang saved my life. At that moment, I felt as if Suyang was shining in radiance.

It seemed more and more probable..

“Oh yeah! Sheyu!” I suddenly remembered. Now that the homicidal maniac was dead, Sheyu’s spirit should’ve returned. I aggressively yanked the intravenous drip off my hand and surprised Suyang. He widened his legs and spread his arms to block my path. “Where do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m going to see someone.” I tried to push Suyang away. As it happened, a wave of dizziness hit me and I lost the strength in both my legs and tumbled backwards.