Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Let’s become sworn sisters

I felt like Grandmother Meng was no longer on my side.

As expected, in order to make use of the ten thousand, the two of them watched TV together and didn’t bother casting a glance at me.

In order to show my fury, I purposely stood in front of the TV before I went to the kitchen. I swayed the plastic bags as I glared at him, “Yes yes yes. You are correct. Because you’re the boss…”

“You!” Suyang was irritated by my expression, and he threw a popcorn from the table at me. I caught it with my mouth as I ate it.

“I hope you die from an excess of anger!” I shook my head as I stuck out my tongue and made a face at him. Then, I hopped to the kitchen.

Damn that Suyang! I cursed him as I washed the vegetable leaves. If Suyang was the radish on the chopping board, I would definitely cut him up very smoothly.

From outside the kitchen, Suyang and Grandmother Meng’s laughter sounded especially ear piercing. I felt like a bullied young married woman; working alone in the kitchen.

Sweet and sour spare ribs, ground meat with eggplant, kung pao chicken, stir-fried bean curd in chili sauce, and a thick bowl of corn soup.

A relatively sumptuous meal was prepared. While I was carrying the dishes out, the two descendants were already at the table ready to eat. They didn’t make any attempt to help me set up.

The only thing worse than serving Suyang was serving two Suyangs!

Serving them felt very strange. I was carrying all the bowls and utensils. Not only was I behaving like a young married woman, it was as if I had a lazy husband and was the daughter in law of an evil granny. Deep down, I lamented. Whoever that ends up marrying Suyang will be one unlucky woman!

“Granny, how did you find out about Lin Yixin?” Suyang started a conversation. Why was he bring this up again? Didn’t he say he knew we were lying? 

“Ah, I randomly heard Shaoqian talking about it. He said you hired a new assistant.” Grandmother Meng calmly responded, “So I asked for her phone number.”

“Goldfish, did you say anything weird?” Suyang suddenly asked me.

“Huh? No… can you not call me Goldfish in a public place?” I just wanted to eat in peace. I merely wanted to leave this dining table, why can’t my wish be fulfilled?

“Why Goldfish?” Grandmother Meng asked as she picked up a spare rib and began chewing. The moment she took a bite, her eyes sparkled, “Delicious!”

This was the biggest praise as a chef.

Suyang cut in before I could respond to Grandmother Meng, “Because she’s as stupid as a goldfish. Although, her culinary skills are quite high. Granny, eat more.”

I lightly kicked Suyang underneath the table. He paused his actions in mid air as he stared at me.

“Sorry, it was an accident.” I wasn’t actually sorry. I picked up my bowl and used it to hide my face.