Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Did you commit murder? 

I hesitated for a second, because I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea. After all, her parents probably despised me right now...but since she gestured, I did as she wanted. I went over to Sheyu’s mother and crouched down as I lightly helped wipe the tears off her face.

“Don’t cry, auntie. Your daughter will be ok.” I softly whispered. It was a lie, but as long as I could comfort her distressed mother, I would do it.

The policewoman’s mother lifted her head and looked at me. Her eyes were brimming with fresh tears. After staring at me for a few moments, she tightened her grip on my hand and embraced me as she sobbed.

As she wept in my arms, she began to sob louder and louder.

Although she wasn’t resentful towards me, through her tears, I felt a responsibility that I couldn’t deny.

The surgeon came out and everyone stood up surrounding him.

I felt like there was something blocking my heart. I remained where I was as I waited for the surgeon to announce the grievous news.

“For now, the patient’s life is preserved, but she is still unconscious.”

“Thank you for preserving her life! Thank you, surgeon! When will our daughter wake up?”

“That is hard to say...it could take a day, or a month, or even a year. We already did everything we can. Now, it will depend on the patient’s will to survive.”

As I listened to the surgeon’s words, I stared at Sheyu’s ghost; confused.

The surgeon implied that Sheyu was still alive? But I could see her spirit right here!

Sheyu was pushed out of the emergency room and brought into the intensive care unit. I was still confused as I stood there foolishly.

“At your convenience, we will need you to come with me to the police station to record an oral statement.” The policeman told me.

“Oh! I’lI get the discharging paperwork done and come with you now.”

“No no. You’ve misunderstood. I’m not trying to rush you. I just…”

“I know you’re not trying to rush me. But I also want to leave an oral statement as soon as possible to help you guys find the criminal. It’s not only for me. I also want to do it for the policewoman. We need to capture this psycho as soon as possible.”

“Thank you for your cooperation! I will help you with the discharging paperwork. Just wait inside your room. I will pick you up after.”

Then, the policeman disappeared like a wisp of smoke. As I stared at his rear view, I could tell that he wanted me to leave the hospital as soon as possible so that I could provide the information necessary for the police to arrest the killer.

After all, his colleague nearly lost her life. It must be traumatic for their police department.

When I returned to my room, I changed back into my own clothing that was covered in Sheyu’s blood. Sheyu the ghost was waiting for me by the door.