Chapter 145 - 146

Chapter 145: Grandmother Meng’s letter

There was a long silence between us. Suddenly, Suyang sighed and released me.

“So it turns out you’re not as heartless as I thought you were. After three years, I’m still the person you love, right? You can be honest. Regardless of what you say, I’ll believe you.”

How the heck does he expect me to answer this question right now? The word love hasn’t came out of my mouth in so long.

Suyang fished out a photo. It was the picture I took of him while we were at the beach. It was his back view. I wanted to snatch it, but he took it away from my grasp. Suyang stood next to the last lit candle. “I thought you burnt all the photos. Surprisingly, you kept one.”

“It was an accident. But I like the feeling this photo gives off. It would be a pity to burn it.”

The whole time, I had kept Suyang’s photo in my wallet. Although he wasn’t physically by my side, it was comforting to know that a part of him was always with me.

“So you’re saying you would rather keep a still photograph than to get back with me?” Suyang lifted the photo and slowly brought it closer to the candle. “What’s the point. Let me help you end it now.”

Suyang was about to burn the photograph. I screamed and ran forward to rescue the picture, “Nooooo!”

The last candle was extinguished by me. My nose tingled. I wasn’t sure if I was crying due to the burning sensation on my hand or for other complicated reasons, but tears began to fill my eyes. The darkness became very blurry.

“Are you crazy?” Suyang rushed to hold onto my hand. He was carefully rubbing it with his palm. “Aren’t you going too far for a photo?”

“I can’t let you….” I took a deep breath. “Without it, I won’t feel at ease. How about we just pretend we’re strangers at work. I won’t meddle in your affairs and you won’t meddle with mine. From now on….”

Before I could finish talking, Suyang pulled my hand upwards and made me touch his eyebrow.

“This is my eyebrow. This is my eye. This is my nose. This is my mouth.” In the darkness, Suyang continued to lead me downwards. As my fingers touched his smooth skin, my fingertips were overcoming a challenge I never had to deal with before.

“This is me. I am Suyang; a real person. I am still in love with you.” He whispered.

Suyang’s soft and sincere confession smashed apart my defensive line. I wasn’t sure where I got the courage from, but I held onto him like no tomorrow. My heart was aching and I didn’t care anymore.

“Me too! During the past three years, I never once stopped loving you. I tried lying to myself, but it was useless. You’re so stupid. Do you know how difficult it was for me to finally decide to let you go? Yet, you deliberately keep provoking me…I’m trouble, you know.”

“I don’t care what trouble you are. I can decide for myself.”

I stood on tiptoes to kiss him. Just as my lips were about to meet with with his, Suyang suddenly moved back. He raised his brows. “So are you getting back with me now?”