Chapter 133 - 134

Chapter 133: Coming up with a plan

I watched with my eyes opened wide; speechless. Anson was still moving on the ground. His brain wasn’t shot, but his arm was. The bullet came from outside and shot the arm he was using to hold the gun.

Earlier, while we were in the car, I had secretly stuffed my cell phone in Suyang’s hand. I hinted that he shouldn’t argue with Xialing any longer.

After Xialing confiscated Suyang’s cell phone, Suyang was still able to use my phone to send a text message to the police officers he was familiar with. He texted them our location.

So, the whole time, Suyang and I were trying to buy ourselves more time. Just as we thought we were done for, the cops showed up at a vital moment.

After we were untied, the first thing I did was embrace Suyang. We nearly died and experienced something that only belonged to the two of us. Suyang’s heart was pounding furiously. I could feel every single beat.

“We’re ok now. It’s fine….” Suyang quietly comforted me.

I took a look at Anson. He was blankly staring at the ceiling. I also saw the gunshot wound on my arm. Deep down, I thought to myself, Wow, not only have I gotten shot on my chest...now I have a shot on my arm! What sins have I committed to deserve this? What kind of girl has so many gunshot wounds? 

“Suyang, you….” Suddenly, Anson seemed to have came back alive. His eyes looked like they were spitting fire.

After Suyang and I were untied, Suyang’s expression completely changed. “Based on what happened to my parents and what happened just now, I will never forgive you!”

“But you just….”

“You were correct. I was lying to you all along.” Suyang icily responded.

A drop of tear came out of Anson’s eyes. After the cops helped him wrapped his wound, they lifted him up. I figured Suyang’s statement will cause Anson misery for life.

Before the cops took him away, Anson began to laugh like a madman. He stared at me. “You think you’ve won? Actually, I won.”

I didn’t understand what he meant until afterwards. ‘Lin Yixin’ was the one who was taken away!

-----

That day, I watched as "I" was taken away. For a long time, I wasn't able to snap out of it. Three days had gone by since Anson was arrested. Fortunately, after a lot of investigation, we accidentally discovered that Sheyu was the police officer watching over Anson.

Based on the relationship we had with her in the past, Suyang was able to find out some stuff in regards to Anson's current status and future possibilities.

Most likely, Sheyu was in shock. The good citizen Lin Yixin somehow ended up as one of the criminals she had to guard.

By the time the police had shown up, Huaze Yuxiang and Xialing had already escaped. So, Anson was the only one who was arrested.

I curled up at the corner of the couch as I bit my nails restlessly. My eyes couldn't help but continuously turned towards the clock that against the wall. Suyang had left over four hours ago.