Chapter 89

Chapter 89: Mi Fan’s POV (Part 2)

There was a very long and silent pause between the two of us. Finally, my cheesecake came. It dissolve the awkwardness between us.

Suyang stared at the cheesecake and macchiato. “Are you under a lot of stress lately? That’s a lot of sugar intake.”

I was about to take a bite out of my cheesecake, but my hand hovered in mid air.

I tried making sense of what Suyang said. Was it a harmless question? Or was he implying something?

No, that’s not possible. Why would he? These days, I’ve been overly suspicious of everything. I convinced myself that it was just a random question.

“Don’t females like to eat sweet desserts? Although I have to cast aside my gender as a reporter, I will not abandon desserts.”

I was trying to tell a joke as I continued the conversation.

For some reasons, I felt like there was someone watching me from outside. I turned towards the window. I wanted to know where that strange feeling was coming from.

“Don’t look!” Suyang suddenly grabbed my hand. “Don’t look out the window. Be natural and exchange conversation with me.”

“Is there something outside?” His behaviour and tone of voice evoked my curiosity. I tightly my grip on my fork.

“My assistant is hiding behind a bush outside the window. I don’t want her to know that we’ve discovered her. I want her to get more mosquito bites.”

Suyang had a crafty smile on his face.

“Then what do you want to talk about? Don’t you find our atmosphere really awkward?”

“Let’s talk about the case you were responsible for. I’m sure you’re aware that I’m a speculative online author. Usually, I’m very interested in criminal cases. They trigger and inspire my creation.”

“You should be asking the police for this sort of stuff. Why are you asking a small reporter like myself?”

“Small reporter? You’re a reporter that knows more than the cops! Am I right?” Suyang slightly leaned forward as he smiled deeply at me.

“You think too highly of me. I wonder, which case are you interested in?”

“I am….” Suyang’s facial expression suddenly changed as he rushed to pull me out of my seat. Then, I heard the sounds of shattering glass.

“Are you alright?” I could hear Suyang’s voice from above my head.

By the time I snapped out of my daze, I was already in his arms. Everyone else were screaming and the atmosphere had turned very fearful and chaotic.

I was the target of the attack. But why was I the calmest one?

“I’m fine.” I re-adjusted my breathing and stared at the main culprit of this act; Lu Zhengyang. This wasn’t the first time he had tried to attack me. In reality, he had attacked me so many times that I’ve lost count.