Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Provoking the killer

Suyang stopped the car in front of the entrance of the hospital to let me off. From inside, he said to me, “I’m going to find a parking spot. Give me a moment and wait for me here.”

“No need. You can go home.”

“I feel like you’re kind of abnormal…”

“What?” I placed my hand on top of his car window and teased. “Are you worried about me?”

“Pssh. In your dreams! I’m not worried about you. I’m just worried you’ll go back on your words.” Then, he disappeared from my sight.

Was he just a stubborn duck that refused to admit his concern? I didn’t expect the cold and heartless Suyang to actually have a human side to him. I smirked as I watched Suyang go. Then, I looked up at the sky. It was getting late.

I turned to the huge batch of reporters that were waiting outside of the hospital’s main entrance.

I quietly walked beside a reporter as I raised my voice, “Are you waiting for the police to come out?”

“Yes.” The reporter didn’t even look at me.

“I have news to expose!”

I suddenly yelled on top of my lungs and all the reporters reached their necks over like giraffes to look at me.

I wasn’t sure who called out, “She is the woman from the police station yesterday!”

Three seconds later, the reporters surrounded me like how they did the day before. In an instant, my path was blocked from all sides. But the difference between yesterday and today was this time, I came prepared. I directly faced the reporters and shouted as if I was afraid they wouldn’t be able to hear what I was about to say.

“Hey! Hey! Look over here! Here! I am the 10th victim of the homicidal maniac. At the same time, I’m also a survivor.”

“Stop pushing! No pushing! Stop pushing against me!” The reporters were all trying to shove themselves at me. I was getting irritated. “You can all take turns asking me questions. I will respond one by one! One at a time!” I stepped onto the rim of the flower bed as I randomly pointed to a person, “Ok. You may start first.”

“Could you tell us the entire process of what happened?”

“It was a dark, windy afternoon. The homicidal maniac cut me off in the alley while I was on my way home from buying groceries. He wanted to rob me, but I had no money. So, he flew into a rage and wanted to kill me. But in the end, he didn’t succeed.”

“Why didn’t he succeed?”

“At the time, a policewoman saved me. But even if she hadn’t, I would have been ok. Because through his eyes, I saw fear and weakness.”

“What do you mean?”

“When he was about to stab me, I looked him straight into the eye.” I gave the reporters my deadliest look to demonstrate. “Then, he began to panic. When the policewoman called out, he was instantly spooked out of his mind and fled.”