Chapter 121 - 122

Chapter 121: The experiment  

I was semi excited and semi curious as I opened my eyes and gazed into the mirror.

Was that really me?

I stared at my skin. My eyes were like peach blossoms; red lips and white teeth. My appearance had an unspeakable charm to it. People often say that makeup artists had superior craftsmanship. Today, I finally believed it. This was comparable to plastic surgery!

“Customer, someone is looking for you outside.” The worker came in to notify me.

Just as I was about to get up to show Suyang my look, the makeup artist stopped me. He smiled and asked, “Do you want to surprise your boyfriend?”

“What do you mean?”

“Follow me.” The makeup artist secretly led me to an area behind a curtain. He said, “You only have to sit here and be pretty. In a bit, I’ll play music for you and the curtain will fall down to surprise your boyfriend.”

I liked his idea… so I obediently listened to him and remained behind the curtain. I shifted my body around and tried to figure out the pose that would accentuate my beauty the most.

Suddenly, there was an odd yet touching melody playing in the background. My emotional state instantly adapted to the context and I subconsciously played my character.

The curtain fell and Suyang was standing right in front of me. He froze.

“You….” Suyang was only able to utter one word; everything else was replaced by astonishment.

I had no idea where the photo studio got the cherry petals from, but they were fluttering in the air like snow. It wasn’t until later that I found out the lyrics to the Japanese song that was playing in the background.

The general translations were <With Lord>:

After farewell, everything passed by like water.

When will we meet again?

The result of years led to collapse of beauty.

The only thing that dragged me down was my longing.

Today, the moon was round again.

The cherry blossoms fell and piled up upon the resentment.

When will my dream reach the Heavens?

I reflected as if my husband was in front of me

The melody started off soft, but then it became very sad. Afterwards, it took a different turn. It seemed to give the listener a glimmer of hope, before pulling them back to reality.

Oh yes, my man was right in front of me.

I had never separated from Suyang, but why was I able to relate to the song? It felt like a story about me. Perhaps, as a woman, I was too sentimental.

Suyang slowly walked towards me. He lightly bent his waist and offered his right hand. At that moment, I reenacted my role again.

I took Suyang’s hand, but since the head ornament and my outfit were too heavy, I tripped and fell right into Suyang’s arms.

“You’re so beautiful.”

This was Suyang’s first complete sentence. The long makeup was definitely worth it.

“You didn’t know until today?” I retorted.

Suyang smiled and shook his head, “No, I knew early on. I already knew the first time we met.”