Chapter 87

Chapter 87: Jealous Suyang

Lu Zhengyang’s apple peeling skills were amazingly good. He was at least several levels higher than Suyang. I watched him peel the thin skin off. He was almost finished, but all the apple skin was still intact!

I couldn’t help but clap and praised, “That’s amazing! Where did you learn how to peel apples so well?”

“Here!” Lu Zhengyang appeared a bit flustered from my compliment to him. His face was red as he handed the apple to me.

“I accept your apology. But if you truly want to thank someone, you shouldn’t be thanking me. To be honest, I wasn’t much help to your father’s case. You should thank Shaonu instead. She’s the reason why Suyang and Shen Shaoqian paid any attention to this case.”

After pausing for a moment, I decided to continue, “There’s another person you should thank. Do you know who it is?”

Lu Zhengyang was silent.

“It’s because of her that we managed to turn the tables. She gave us solid evidence. She’s the reason why we managed to make the final blow.”

“I….”

“I know you’re still unwilling and unable to let go of the bitterness inside. It isn’t easy. But she has already taken action to show her remorse.”

“Actually, I have already seen Mi Fan.”

“Huh?” So fast?!

“Yesterday, I went to see her. Although I cannot thoroughly forgive her, I know I must face her eventually.”

“You’ve grown up! If your dad is aware of this, he will be very content.” I actually said this to Lu Zhengyang, but my eyes were on Lu Wenxue. He was standing behind his son.

“Suyang brother!!” I could hear Shen Shaonu’s whiny voice from a distance. They were heading back.

“Oh?! A visitor? You’re the one my sister stole my money for?! Come out, let’s have a talk!” The moment Shen Shaoqian walked in, he looked like he wanted to fight Lu Zhengyang.

“I didn’t….” Lu Zhengyang was clearly frightened by Shen Shaoqian. Before he could react, Shen Shaoqian dragged him out of the ward.

“Aren’t you going to stop them?” I stared at the main culprit and reminded Shennu.

“Nah, it’s fine. My brother can’t fight against Zhengyang. I’m not worried. Oh, Suyang brother, I haven’t seen you in so long… I miss you!” Shen Shaonu tiptoed towards Suyang and wanted to lean her head against his shoulder.

But Suyang avoided her.

*Cough cough* Shen Shaonu held onto the wall and coughed twice to loosen the awkwardness. “Older sister, after what happened, I have a whole new level of respect for you!”

“Thank you for having a whole new level of respect for me.”

“Yes, from now on, whoever that bullies you, tell me! Aside from Suyang brother, I will help you deal with them!” Shen Shaonu made an oath.