Chapter 107 - 108

Chapter 107: Secret operation

“Then tell me what to do?! If Gao Jialan and her child are harmed, we would be the sinners!” 

Suyang closed the main door and took me inside the bedroom. Then, he closed the bedroom door as well. He whispered, “Speak quietly. Most likely, Wen Yihan will have people monitoring us for a while. There are ears behind walls.” 

I felt utterly defeated by the power of the wealthy. I was so stressed and tired. I tightly tugged on Suyang’s collar. “Then what should we do? Suyang, tell me. Give me a solution.”

“First, give Shaoqian a call.” Suyang took out his cell phone.

“Why are we calling Shen Shaoqian?” 

“Wen Yihan is not going to make a move that quickly. He is not going to bring Gao Jialan to his house. Most likely, he’s going to hide her somewhere. Shen Shaoqian can find out where Wen Yihan might be holding her hostage.” 

“Shen Shaoqian has that ability?! I didn’t realize he was that useful…” 

“He has a very wide network. Usually, I get him to do the investigative work.” 

“So what happens after we figure out their location?” 

“Then we go save her, duh!” Suyang knocked me lightly on my head. “We will find an appropriate opportunity to rescue Gao Jialan and then hide her elsewhere. Then, when Wen Yihan comes to look for her, we just won’t admit to anything. What can he do then?”

“I have one more question. How are we going to save her? Based on Wen Yihan’s tactics… how can the two of us save her?”

“Don’t we also have Shen Shaoqian!?”

“Fine, let’s include Shen Shaoqian. Three people?! Do you think this is the time to joke around?” 

“A hundred people have hundreds of methods. Three people have methods for three people. We will figure out something. Don’t worry!”

Ahh… my head hurts. I wanted to drink some water to freshen up my brain. But the moment I turned around, Suyang assumed I was going to run after them again. He shouted, “What are you doing?!”  

I took a deep breath. “I just want to drink a cup of water. Calm down. Before I know where Wen Yihan is hiding Gao Jialan, I’m not going to make any rash moves.” 

“Oh, alright then.” Suyang knew he had misunderstood me so he shook his head and coughed. He wanted to dissolve the awkwardness. “Then... I’ll go give Shen Shaoqian a call right now.” 

When I turned towards the dining area, the first thing I noticed was the 600rmb that Gao Jialan had initially wanted to give me to allow her to stay here. 

I felt so guilty. She gave me money yet I wasn’t able to protect her…. Sigh. I gulped down the water and my brain felt more refreshed. But deep down, my heart was still in a disarray. 

It was a feeling similar to a stranger stealing something you like in front of you. Yet, you were helpless and couldn’t do anything about it. There was so much resentment and regret.