Chapter 97

Chapter 97: One on one time with Gao Jialan

Suyang’s voice was thick and soothing to the ears. His voice was like a nursery rhyme from afar. He instantly added colour to my life and made me soar. I was so happy.

But isn’t it too early to make an eternal promise? Although it was so rushed, I still chose to trust Suyang and myself. I had faith that we would stay by each other’s side forever.

For the remaining part of my life, I sincerely hope that Suyang and I could join hand in hand. 

I don’t want him to be ahead of me, or behind me. Instead, walk beside me. 

If God exists, could you hear my wish? 

-----

When I woke up the next morning, I looked at myself in the mirror. My face was swollen like a bun. In addition, there were still tear stains from last night; I could barely crack my eyes opened.

Deep down, I thought to myself, who could’ve thought humans could look so ugly? Fortunately, Suyang was still sleeping so he didn’t notice.

The moment I attempted to open my eyes wider, they began to burn. I was feeling half dead as I squeezed out some toothpaste onto my toothbrush.

I brushed my teeth half asleep. When I opened my eyes again, I could see a pale reflection of Wen Yufan through the mirror. He was standing right behind me.

“You!....*cough cough* Why are you appearing again?” I choked on the water I used to rinse my mouth. I directly spat everything out as I continued to cough non stop uncontrollably.

I patted my chest to re-adjust my breathing. I gave Wen Yufan my killer glare.

Honestly, at this rate, one day, I’ll probably die from ghost fright. 

“Do you want to give me a heart attack?” I quietly muttered as I continued glaring at him. I rinsed my mouth again and roughly wiped the foam off my mouth with the back of my hand. Then, I deliberately walked through his body.

Now, I was absolutely certain that he was Wen Yufan;  the grandson of the Wen clan who passed away last month.

When I came out of the restroom, I could hear Gao Jialan preparing breakfast from the kitchen. Perhaps she felt bad for staying here, so she took the initiative to do all the housework.

As a lazy person, I was ecstatic that someone was so willing to help me do my job. So, naturally, I didn’t stop her. Of course, I shamelessly still expected Suyang to pay my salary.

I began to imagine doing nothing and earning money. Instantly, a cunning smile formed on my face.

“What are you thinking about? What’s with your disgusting smile?” Suyang came out of his room. His face looked worse than mine. His eyes were scarlet like a rabbit. I was stunned.

“Uh… what happened to you?!” I approached Suyang and asked out of concern, “You didn’t sleep well last night?!”

Suyang coldly humph. He pushed my hand away and headed straight to the washroom. “You were hugging me the entire night. It would be abnormal if I could sleep well…. I need to go back and nap. No need to call me for breakfast.”