Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Confronting the fake Xu Weishan

I passionately finished my story and lifted my head to gaze at Kevin. His expression was grim. Surely, he must have sensed something was wrong by now.

“Kevin, have you notice the person around you….”

“Lin Yixin!”

While I was in the middle of my sentence, I was suddenly interrupted by an explosive voice. All the emotions I had built up instantly vanished. Not to mention, I was so startled that I quivered and fell over lopsided. Kevin and I craned our necks towards the source of the fury. Suyang had kicked and destroyed the door and was aggressively storming in our direction.

Suyang made a beeline en route to me. Due to his speed, he brought along a breezy wind. When he crouched down in front of me, there was another breeze and my loose hair swayed along.

The moment he had arrived, he began to lift my arms and legs to inspect me. “Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?” He asked frantically.

“Of course I am fine. What happened? How come you’re so out of breath?” I held onto Suyang’s hand and he dragged me up from the ground. With my other hand, I patted the dust off my butt.

Suyang didn’t respond. He didn’t release my hand either. Instead, he placed me behind him and sternly confronted Kevin. “The basketball court is a public facility. How can you lock the doors? The cost of the door can be written off. Your family has connections with the school, right? You guys fix it.”

Kevin didn’t have a reaction. He has been in a dazed state ever since listening to my story. I was quite certain he wasn't able to process Suyang’s words at the moment.

I should give him some space. Perhaps he'd be able to connect the dots.

As for Suyang…

I secretly glanced at the hand that Suyang was holding. I leaned forward and whispered over his shoulder, “Were you afraid something had happened to me, so you purposely came to save me?”

Honestly, I was only teasing. My goal was to loosen the heavy atmosphere.

“Yes, I came because I was concerned about you. I saw this guy dragging you away from the monitoring room. I thought something bad was going to happen, so I rushed here.” Suyang frankly admitted. I was left speechless.

“Uh...oh…” I lowered my head and swayed my body left and right. Deep down, my heart was blossoming.

Suyang was concerned about me. I could still recall how he ran over gasping for his breath. Aww, just how anxious was he!?

“Let’s go. There’s no point of you staying here. Plus, you’re no longer a student here.” As Suyang spoke, he released my head and walked towards the door.

Suyang’s sudden release made me feel a sense of loss. I remained standing stiffly at my original spot. I felt like an important part of my heart had been taken away. It felt so empty.

Seeing how I wasn’t following him, Suyang stopped walking and turned back to yell at me, “Why are you standing like a fool? Follow me!?”

“Uh...oh…” I discontentedly headed towards Suyang. But I turned around to take a quick glimpse of Kevin. Was it my misconception? How come his rear view seemed so distressed?