Chapter 67

Chapter 67: The aquarium

Suddenly, Suyang pretended to be a female character and joined his thumb and middle finger together and extended the rest. He had a pitiful expression on his face.

Where does he get all this confidence from? And who’s the woman that’s like a wolf and a tiger, eh?!?

With difficulty, I suppressed my frustrations and took in a deep breath. Then, I began slowly, “Allow me to explain. It is not what you’re thinking…”

“Goldfish! I’m really serious right now. Listen to me.”

All of a sudden, Suyang’s attitude changed 180 degrees. I was a bit worried. It was a joke, he wasn’t seriously mad, right?

“Boss, if you use my real name. Perhaps I can take you more seriously…” I suggested.

“Considering how you’ve been disappearing without cause or reason these days, and flirting with your boss...most importantly, flirting with your boss!!...the only explanation for this behaviour is because I’ve been too lenient on you. Hence, it is part of my duty to assign you with a mission so that you’re not slacking off all the time. Then, you can become a useful human being…”

I blankly stared at Suyang, “Sorry boss, you said too much and I don’t understand your point…”

“Tomorrow, go to the aquarium and take a picture of all the sea creatures that you see. Then, I want a hand-written report of their breed, livelihood, and habits. The more details the better.”

What type of messed up mission is this?

“Also, after you’re done, create a power-point presentation to show me. Report back to me the day after tomorrow. Remember, I want every kind! Every variety! Even if they’re the same species but in a different colour.”

“That’s too soon! Plus, what’s the purpose of this mission?!”

“Today, you didn’t return home in the designated time I had given you. So, I am going to deduct from your salary. But if you manage to complete this mission well, I will return your salary to you.”

He's using my salary to threaten me again?!

“Suyang, you’re purposely messing with me, aren’t you?”

“A boss has every right to order his employee to tasks. You have a problem with it?”

Currently, Suyang and I were exchanging an intense eye contact with each other. I could lose money or whatever, but I must not lose my aura!

But humans must be flexible at times. Sometimes, we must lower our heads when necessary. “No! Boss, you’re the electricity! You’re the light! You’re the only God! Whatever you say, I will do! Please...do not deduct from my salary!”

I hopped out of my the couch and stood up, throwing the cushion aside. I lightly pinched Suyang’s face with my two hands and smiled, “Alright, I’m going to go and prepare the necessary information you want. Sleep earlier, boss! Late nights aren’t good for the skin…”

Suyang reacted like he was a rock. He awkwardly gazed at my hands that were on his face. After a second, he slowly questioned, “Did you... wash your hands after you touched your foot?”