Chapter 73

Chapter 73: Being framed

But halfway there, he noticed an unconscious child in the mud pit.

When Lu Wenxue picked her up, the child’s body was already cold and stiff. Her face was covered in mud and there were various wounds all over her body.

Lu Wenxue dialed 120 and the child was sent into the emergency department. But it was no use. The doctor said the child was already dead from midnight. The cause of death was suffocation. On her neck, there was an obvious adult palm print.

This incident caused a sensation throughout the town. Originally, it was a remote issue. However, due to the sensitivity of the internet, it soon spread throughout the province and country.

Lu Wenxue recalled Chairman Jicheng’s behaviour from that day and he suspected this was his doings. However, suddenly, Lu Wenxue was being seized by the police. The initial explanation was that it was mandatory for him to help out with the investigation.

But when they had arrived at the police station, there was a female reporter. The female reporter confidently declared that Lu Wenxue was trying to put the blame on someone else. She used her reporter title and spread many rumours.

Soon, everyone believed Lu Wenxue was the murderer.

Out of nowhere, the police found some evidence. Apparently, the child’s palm consisted fragments of Lu Wenxue. Then, the parents of the child began to accuse him as well. They believed the principal had killed their daughter.

“Excuse me, why did you kill the child?”

“I didn’t kill the child! I’m innocent!”

“Do you feel remorseful towards the child’s parents?”

“I just told you! I’m innocent!”

“Why did you choose to commit your crime on that day? Was it a special day to you?”

“I didn’t….”

“Is your family aware of your addiction?”

Regardless of how he tried to explain himself, the female reporter ignored him and refused to back down. She continued asking these ridiculous questions. Now, all the neighbours and friends were no longer kind towards him. Instead, they were hurling insults and some even threw eggs at him.

Suddenly, Lu Wenxue realized how powerful his enemy was. He will probably never be able to walk out innocent…

“I heard you have a son. Aren’t you afraid he’ll be disappointed in you? What do you have to say to him?”

Lu Wenxue felt nauseous. He was already pale to begin with, but now, he was even whiter. He was no longer able to speak in front of the video camera that was set up for him.

On this sunny day in March, it suddenly began to snow. The graceful snowflakes gently floated down. Lu Wenxue opened his palm and a snowflake happened to land on top of it. But before he could close his palm, the snow had already melted.

Lu Wenxue slowly closed his eyes.

What is black? What is white? What is good? What is evil?