Chapter 76

Chapter 76: Shen Shaoqian has multiple personalities

“My love, if you do not get on, I refuse to leave! I will follow you like this forever!” All of a sudden, Shen Shaoqian went insane as he began to say a lot of gibberish. “Why are you breaking up with me? Is it because you’ve met a more outstanding man than me? Get on the car and tell me the truth. Or else I will not give up! Tell me, how much is that man offering you?! I can also give you….”

What. The. Heck. Was. He. Talking. About?

I felt the burning gazes of everyone around me as I dramatically shook my head and waved my hands in the air. “No… I...he’s nuts…”

It seemed like a lost cause regardless of how I explained. Before the situation worsen, I must depart. So I deeply sighed. I covered my face and lowered my head as I entered Shen Shaoqian’s car.

“Drive!” Currently, the most important thing was to get away from here. After Shen Shaoqian had gone a fair distance, I gave him the killer glare.

“What's wrong?” Shen Shaoqian gave me his charming smile. It was as if he totally disregarded his shameful behaviour from a moment ago.

I took a deep breath and then uttered three words, “Stop the car.”

Shen Shaoqian pulled the car off to the side and gave me a stiff smile.

I smiled back in response and made eye contact with him for three seconds. Then, I quickly took off my seat belt as I wrapped my hands around his neck and shook him, “Why did you have to say that? Don’t you know that you’ve successfully shaped me into a strange woman? What am I going to do if I encounter these people again? How am I going to live?! Ahhhh!”

I roared as I tightened my grip.

“I was wrong! I was wrong!” Shen Shaoqian showed me the whiteness of his eyes as he raised his hands to demonstrate that he was surrendering.

Seeing how he was nearly unconscious, I loosen my grip and returned back to my passenger seat to straighten my disarrayed clothes.

“Why must you say such misleading words?”

“Why does it matter? They were just strangers. You don’t know them.”

“Bro, I live around the area. You don’t live around here, but I’m in the same neighbourhood as them. Who knows whether I will encounter these people again? If they’re spewing bad rumours about me, will you take responsibility?”

“What? Are you mad that people may mistaken you as a woman who loves money? Or are you mad that people may mistaken us for being a couple? If worse comes to worse, I’ll just take you in as my girlfriend. If you’re my girlfriend, I’ll take responsibility, alright?”

I gave Shen Shaoqian an expressionless face. “Are you kidding me? Are you here to make jokes today?”

“Don’t be mad! Don’t be mad! I’m just kidding! I would never dare to touch you! If I have any sexual thoughts towards you, Suyang would cripple me!” Shen Shaoqian gave me a sheepish smile. I felt like he was implying something.

“What are you trying to say?”

“Umm… I’m just being upfront. You like Suyang, right? Why are you playing dumb? You two will eventually get together. Don’t worry.” Shen Shaoqian reassured me like an older brother.