Chapter 83

Chapter 83: Mi Fan visits her mother’s grave

Seeing how Suyang wasn’t taking the papers from her, Mi Fan threw it into the air, as if it were garbage. The papers were scattered everywhere. I was curious to see what was written on it.

Luckily, the wind happened to blow through the window and flipped the pages that I couldn’t touch.

I laid on the ground and followed the wind’s irregular tempo as I experienced the most troublesome reading of my entire life. It was…

Mo Xiaotian’s affair, Ye Lili’s gambling debt, Chairman Jicheng’s weekly church visits, and information regarding his subordinates shifting funds from the company.

It was all their dirty laundry. And they were all fatal mistakes.

Could it have been Suyang’s plan all along to use this info to threaten them? Was that why he wanted me to focus on Xuduo since he couldn’t discover any negative stuff to blackmail him with? 

Wow, I’m so slow… I should’ve known. Yet, I put my life in vain.

“Is this the attitude you use to beg for help?” Mi Fan looked past Suyang and turned her attention on “me”. “This is something that could destroy me. Initially, I didn’t want to give it to you because I don’t want to die. But, we have another victim. I honestly hope this will come to an end.”

Was Mi Fan aware of Suyang’s intent from the beginning? Or were they working together as a team to expose the Chairman’s family the whole time? 

I was so confused. My IQ was too low and I didn’t understand what was going on. Who could explain the current situation to me?

“Can I trust you?” Suyang stared at the information.

Mi Fan dryly laughed. Sadness appeared on her icy face, “It’s up to you whether you want to believe me or not. At the end of the day, I did what I was supposed to do.”

“Isn’t it a bit late to discover your conscience?” Suyang sounded bitter.

Mi Fan’s hand was on the door handle. Because of Suyang’s line, her hand paused.

The room was uncomfortably silent. Who would’ve thought that Mi Fan and Suyang could create such a nerve wrecking atmosphere? I nearly forgot to breathe.

Oh yeah! Right now, It doesn’t matter whether I could breathe or not! 

But breathing wasn’t an issue. If I had known this was their relationship, I wouldn’t have been concerned about the possibility of Mi Fan seducing Suyang.

“Who knows? I just don’t want the punk to come after me anymore. Each time he sees me, he looks like he wants to tear me apart. I might as well avoid him in jail for a bit. Aren’t I quick witted?” Mi Fan sourly smiled.

At that moment, I felt a bit bad for her because she was revealing a weak side I had never seen before.

Suyang pursed his lips and didn’t respond. He turned around and tucked my blanket in. Mi Fan didn’t wait for his reply and left without turning back.

Although I was concerned about Suyang, I was more curious about where Mi Fan was going. So, I followed her.

I realized how convenient it was to be a ghost. I didn’t have to open any doors. I could go through walls and sit in vehicles without getting noticed. She had no clue that I was observing her from her passenger seat the whole time.