Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Suyang’s novel

'The suspect’s hoot' I silently read the title of the novel as I brushed my fingers across the protruding words.

If it's a book that Suyang would read, it can’t be that bad, right!?

Ever since I was young, I had a terrible weakness. Whenever it came to studying or reading, I would get really sleepy. While I was studying for my college entrance exam, I had to drink countless amounts of American styled coffee in order to pull through. But for once, reading woke me up.

When did it first begin? Was it the first time I stabbed? Or the first time I saw fresh blood spurting out? It was then my heart truly started to beat.

That was the prologue.

The novel was about a man who went on a business trip. When he had returned home, he witnessed his wife committing adultery with another man. After his discovery, he accidentally killed both of them.

The man felt like he had committed a grave sin, but also felt gratification when slaughtering others. His conscience and instinct were in a constant battle. Ultimately, he chose the path of self-destruction.

“H-husband….” Sitting on the side of the bed, the woman’s clothes were in a disarray. She attentively stared at the man who stood by the door.

Through the door crack, she could see her husband ferociously glaring at her. His eyes were bloodshot, and the veins on his forehead were evident. The corners of his mouth were tightly clenched; it looked like he was trying to suppress his emotions.

The woman’s lover appeared to be carefree as he rolled off the bed to put on his trousers. Then, he went to open the door.

The two men made eye contact, but the lover didn’t seem to be afraid. On the contrary, he directly smirked at the man. Three seconds later, he proudly strolled past him.

Similar to what the rumours say, he was a pushover, the lover arrogantly thought to himself. He didn’t notice the hurried footsteps and irregular breathing that were swiftly approaching him from behind.

It was the wife’s husband. He snatched a decorative flower vase and smashed it over the lover’s head.

He completed his act in one smooth move. Following were the wife’s horrific screams and the shattering sounds of a broken vase. Before the lover knew what was coming, he was already lying in a pool of blood. The wife ran over. She was unable to move from the ghastly scene before her.

Her cowardly, weak husband….actually struck someone? Deep down, aside from fear, she also felt slightly thrilled.

The man remained clear headed despite the pool of blood in front of him. He slowly bent down next to the lover as he checked his breathing with his finger. After confirming, he casually declared to his wife, “He’s dead.”

“Ah….” The woman sucked in a mouthful of cold air as she stealthily tried to turn towards her cell phone that was on the cabinet.

“What are you trying to do?” The man lifted his head as he coldly glared at her. The air appeared to have solidify as the man slowly stood up. He stepped over the body and headed for the woman.