Chapter 139 - 140

Chapter 139: Hallucination

People were already coming in succession. I noticed a bunch of properly dressed workers sitting particularly straight. They were filled with youthful energy. Most likely, they had just graduated and were the new hirees.

I silently went over and stood next to them. Who would’ve thought I would be mixed with these young students again? I confidently patted my hair. Ever since I had cut my hair short, my complexion had dramatically improved. Furthermore, I had taken extra measures to maintain my youthful looks. Who could tell I was nearly 30?!

Now that I was making a lot of money, I naturally cared more about my appearances. After all, I was a woman. Skincare and beauty salons were part of our regular routine.

Hmm…strange...the atmosphere around the new hirees wasn’t what I expected at all. Why do they all look so guarded? Aren’t they colleagues now? What the heck...

A few moments later, a woman dressed in a suit came out and stood in front of the new hirees. “I’m the one in charge of leading you guys. My name is Luo Zhen. Based on how fresh you all look, I’m sure you’re a young batch. In the future, call me Sister Luo.”

Luo Zhen arrogantly swept her eyes over everyone. Then, she flipped open her agenda and continued, “In a bit, I will be taking you around the building so you can get familiar with it. After you learn who your superiors are, you will be split into different departments. When you arrive at your assigned department, there will be another superior to help you. Understand?”

“We understand.” Everyone responded in unison.

“Also, all of you are on probation right now. Three months later, only five of you will be given permanent positions. So, don’t you dare slack off. The people around you are your colleagues, but also your competitors.”

Oh…. no wonder these kids have these looks on their faces. What a cruel world

Then, Luo Zhen took us on a tour around the building. Aside from Xu Chuqiao’s office on the 21st floor, the 1st to the 43rd floor were part of the corporation. This comprised all sorts of departments.

For the entire morning, we didn’t do much aside from walking around and exploring the building. I didn’t really pay attention to what Luo Zhen was saying since I wasn’t truly going to work here. The only issue I cared about was whether I was getting blisters on my feet from walking too much.

I shouldn’t have wore high heels...

I was limping and ended up at the very end of the line. With difficulty, I managed to last until 11:30 am.

“Alright. The tour is now complete. Now, you guys can report to your departments; just in time for lunch.”

Then, Luo Zhen left confidently and at ease. She left all of the new hirees to stare at each other.

Why weren’t they moving? Was it because they didn’t know their departments? I couldn’t move now. If I moved, it would be obvious that I had gotten the job from an insider. I didn’t want to get bullied by the group.

Since no one moved, I remained still as well. As the psychological anxiety grew inside of me, I looked around and observed my surroundings.