Chapter 96

Chapter 96: Three months

Seriously? Such a coincidence?! Speak of the devil! 

For a long period of time, I couldn’t shift my attention from him. My heart was beating so loudly like it was about to explode. He didn’t even look at me, yet I felt so guilty?!

It must be because of Gao Jialan. I can’t let her stay with us in such a shady manner anymore. No matter what, I must kick her out tonight! I can’t handle another epic drama of the wealthy… 

Before I could recover from this shock, Suyang’s interview was over. He came out of the television recording studio and made eye contact with me.

“Are you alright?” Suyang smiled as he came over and wrapped his arm around my neck and pressed my head against his chest. Then, he vigorously dragged me out.

“Hey! Suyang! Release me! There are so many people here!” I tried to escape from his grasp, but it was useless.

“No…. I refuseeeeee…..” Suyang kept up with his shameless behaviour all the way until we reached the car.

Using my thumb, I buckled up my seat belt. I was pondering whether I should tell Suyang about my concerns.

Suyang could see the stressful look on my face. After he buckled his seat belt, he turned to me, “Are you still angry? I’m sorry I didn’t follow your wishes. But you exposed me to the public first. So let’s call it even.”

He had misunderstood. He assumed I was upset about what had happened in the television studio.

“You admit you’re wrong? I can’t believe you. You had already promised, yet you went back on your word.” Since Suyang initiated an apology, I might as well deal with this issue first.

“Did you know how anxious and stressed I was? I had such a stupefied expression on my face. Your millions of fans probably burst into laughter when they watched the interview….”

“Don’t worry. It’s not a live broadcast. Perhaps, they might not even show your part.” Suyang comforted.

“Not a live broadcast?!” I exclaimed. Suddenly, I felt a glimmer of hope, “That means they could cut off the parts where you mentioned me? Awesome! If my part isn’t deleted, I will kill you!! I’m serious! You traitor!”

I pointed at Suyang and gave him my killer glare.

Suyang spread his arms out hopelessly. He looked troubled, “I don’t get it. Does being my girlfriend make you this unhappy?”

Suyang’s acting had always been impressive, but hearing him say this aloud made me feel slightly guilty.

“I never said that! Stop overthinking. Hurry and drive so we can go home.” I patted Suyang’s shoulder to urge him. On one hand, I wanted to skip this topic. On the other, I wanted to get home as soon as possible. After all, there was a woman from an unknown origin in our apartment. I had a bunch of questions to ask her.

The moment I entered through the doors, I saw Gao Jialan resting contently on the couch.

Damn that woman… I had just gone through so much stress and shock, yet she dares to act so comfortable in front of me? My eyes sharpened.