Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Going through Xu Weishan’s memories

“What’s the point if I can see but never speak…”

Grandmother Meng gradually stood up and walked over to the cabinet to take out an old fashioned porcelain bowl. She placed it in front of me. “There is a way to communicate with ghosts….I can help you. But beyond a doubt, this method has a risk factor. I urge you to think it over beforehand.”

“What type of method….?” I was totally driven by my curiosity.

“I can allow the ghost to enter your body. Once you are both using the same body, you'll be able to know exactly what each other are thinking. This is called exchanging consciousness.”

“Then I’ll know about her life?”

“Your thoughts will be interconnected. It’s sort of like an internal exchange. But I cannot guarantee what you’ll find out is the truth. If the ghost decides to lie to you, everything you’ll know will be a lie.”

I roughly understood Grandmother Meng’s words as I turned around to shoot a glance at the Xu Weishan ghost that was standing outside. She had stretched her neck in as she anxiously waited for me.

“I thought spirits that can enter bodies were made up in movies!” I was hesitant; unsure of whether I should do it.

Grandmother Meng coldly chuckled, “Most people believe ghosts are made up, but you can see them, right?”

Oh, that’s true.

“If I let her come inside me, will there be any side effects? Would it be like the movies….where in the end, it isn’t me? Would my spirit be replaced?”

“That’s why you need a professional like myself to guide you so that you can prevent ghosts with bad intentions from harming you.”

“So, does this mean you promise to help me?” I gave Grandmother Meng a coquettish gaze.

“If I don’t help you, who else will help you?” Suddenly, Grandmother Meng took out a kitchen knife from her drawer and turned to me. “If you want my help, then let’s quit the chit chat and get started. Later, I have some personal matters to deal with. So let’s get this done quickly!”

“What? Now? So sudden? I’m not ready yet….” I began to recoil my body; mainly because the kitchen knife looked too frightening in her hand. It looked like the type of knife that people used to chop up bones. I wonder what she's going to use it for? Does she want to kill me?

Seeing how I was backing away, Grandmother Meng shook her head and forcefully came over to grab my hand as she raised the kitchen knife and slit my forefinger. Fresh blood immediately gushed out.

I stared at the blood coming out of my finger and yelped, “You! My hand! Blood! Blood! It’s bleeding!”

Grandmother Meng disregarded my yelling and dragged me back to the table. She used the bowl to catch the continuous blood that was flowing from my finger. After a few moments later, she flung me some gauze and told me to wrap my finger myself.

“You didn’t disinfect the knife, right?” I sorrowfully held onto my forefinger as I glared at Grandmother Meng. At the same time, I didn’t want to make it too obvious. So, I used the gauze to tie a simple knot around my injury and sobbed, “So painful…”