Chapter 64

Chapter 64: Hunting Lu Wenxue down, layer by layer

Suyang felt strange. He was wondering if he had fallen into some type of trap.

“Haha, really?” I gave him an awkward brilliant smile. Deep down, I decided that I will never let him know the real reason why I want to find out Mi Fan’s dark secrets. (It was because of my jealousy towards their date).

After a brief moment of silence, I opened my mouth.

“Actually, I’m the type that’s cold on the outside and warm on the inside. Also, I’m very righteous…so can you tell me what you and Shen Shaoqian have found out? Can you give me a brief summary of your findings?”

“Why should I tell you?” It appeared that Suyang wanted to purposely leave me with a cliffhanger as he turned to leave my room.

I hurriedly ran to grab onto him. “Don’t go! If you didn’t want to tell me, why did you mention it? If you only say half of your sentence, then you’re not being an upright gentleman!”

“I have always been an upright gentleman.” Suyang flung my hand away. His arrogant character had resumed. “I never had the intentions of telling you from the start. Don’t overthink.”

“You’re too unfair...just tell me. Perhaps I can help out!” I pouted and gave Suyang a flirtatious glance.

“This is actually much more complicated than you might think. Her backup isn’t someone we common people can come in contact with. The more you know, the more danger you will be in.”

“Then how about you? If you’re investigating, aren’t you putting yourself in danger too?” Once again, I seized him by the arm. This time, I used all my strength to ensure he could not fling me off again.

“Hmm…” Suyang rubbed his chin as he thought about it. Then, he played it down. “Ok, it’s not that dangerous. But how should I say it? I just don’t want you to take part.”

I pretended to act cute as I made my voice all girly and whiny, “Bbbbb-osssss. Just tell meeeeee….!”

“Stop! How old are you? Why are you howling?” Suyang made me shut up as he violently pulled me off of him. Then, he used his big red hand to push against my forehead. “I need to sleep now. From now on, you’re not allowed to think about the Mi Fan incident, understand?”

“Oh….” Since Suyang was so firm, I couldn’t say anything else.

No way! I’m not the type of worker who wouldn’t care about things if it was a matter of no concern to me. Plus, Suyang already said it might be dangerous. That means I must help him! But how can I help if I don't know anything?

“Hey!” Suyang interrupted my thought process as he accused, “Are you thinking about it again? Stop it!”

Could he read my mind?

Before he left, Suyang was mumbling to himself, “Should I find something…”

Once the door was closed, my mind became clear again.

I thought about my advantage. I could contact the dead Lu Wenxue and find out about things that others will never know.

Isn’t that a way to help Suyang? Also, I wanted to grasp Mi Fan’s tail using my own method.