Chapter 105 - 106

Chapter 105: Yixin’s childhood memories (Part 2)

I thought my life was finally on the right track. Even though the children from the orphanage despised me, at least in class, I could be carefree.

Until one day -

I was in gym class. Suddenly, the gym teacher had a stomachache and our home form teacher came to supervise us instead. We had free time to do whatever activities we wanted.

After playing rock, paper, scissors, I lost and I had to be the eagle. The game was, “The eagle catches the chicken”. While we were playing, suddenly there was a vulgar-looking man staring at us underneath a faraway tree.

I had a bad premonition and halted my steps as I turned towards that direction.

At that moment, I made direct eye contact with the ghost man and he realized I could see him. He smirked as if he had some evil schemes up his sleeves. Then, he began to sluggishly chase after me.

“Get away from me! Ahhh! Stay away!” I couldn’t think of any other solution as I ran like a crazy person towards the sports field. At the same time, the man was still relentlessly pursuing me. I was so frightened that I was in tears.

Based on what I could recall, he was the first scary ghost I had ever seen. I wasn’t sure how many circles I had ran, but I knew I kept going until I exhausted all my strength. I ran until I fell down because my body couldn’t handle it anymore.

My brain was lacking oxygen, but that wasn’t a concern. I looked back and saw that the distance between me and the man was shrinking by the second. The tears in my eyes made everything seem so hazy. I had completely failed to notice my classmates who had came over.

Out of despair, I wrapped my arms around my head and shrieked, “Get away from me! I hate you!”

After I screamed my heart out, it was as if something had ripped. The tense friendship string I tried so hard to maintain broke.

With eyes filled with tears, I stared at my surrounding classmates. Initially, they were so close and dear to me. Yet, in a split second, they were all staring at me with disgust. Now, all of them were whispering amongst themselves.

What do kids know? They’re just very honest with how they feel.

At that moment, their stares were like arrows stabbing into my body; leaving it full of holes.

The man was sneering on the side. I wasn’t afraid of him any longer. Instead, all I felt was hatred.

I also realized something. It didn’t matter if I got rid of all the ghosts from my side. As long as I could see them, I will never be able to escape from this tragedy.

After that incident, my classmates’ gazes became the same as those from the orphanage. All my so-called friends neglected me from then on. I became the class’s invisible person.

I did attempt to explain myself. I told them those words weren’t meant for them. But it was no use. They seemed to have made up their minds to eliminate me from the group.

Once again, I was alone. Except this time, I didn’t even have my ghost friend.

Actually, it wasn’t that bad to be alone. I didn’t envy those who had friends to hang out with. I wasn’t the type to be upset if no one watched a movie with me either.

I kept telling myself I was fine

When I turned eighteen, I left the orphanage.

The orphanage was a place I experienced a lot of complicated emotions. On one hand, I knew I was only alive because of the orphanage. On the other hand, all the memories I had from the orphanage were painful and suffocating. Due to my past, I had nothing else to look forward to.