Prologue

<<<<<|>>>>>

"Just leave, Ro; it's better for you to leave because I'm constantly harming you!" The man in front of me yells, his voice filled with rage. I'm sure he's furious with himself.

I can see him becoming irritated because I refuse to take a step back. I'm not leaving, not after what we've been through in the last three months. I'm not going to be able to abandon him... He is one of my favorite people. I've never told him that since I've been injured before I met him, and I'm afraid to tell him now.

I don't say anything; instead, I keep staring him down. I'm confident he won't harm me. All I have to say is...

"I'm not abandoning you!" I scream at him.

He is simply staring at me with a solemn expression on his face. I give him my full attention. I see suffering, love, and dissatisfaction. He becomes enraged when I refuse to go. He comes up to a wall and hits it with his fist. I take a step back. I despise seeing him hurting himself.

"Just fucking leave Ro, I don't want to damage you any more than I already have," he screams. I'm starting to become worried. I see blood when my eyes contact his hand. There was a lot of blood. Because I don't like seeing him like that, my eyes are welling up with tears.

I'm making my way over to him. I take his hand in mine and squeeze it strongly, but not too tightly.

This is not good, I think as I examine the wounds. I despise seeing him in such pain. I can't keep back my tears, and they begin to fall.

"We have to deal with this." I'm able to let out a sigh of relief.

When he notices me crying, his eyes soften. He reaches up and grips my face with his hands. His eyes begin to well up with tears as well.

"You see, baby, please don't cry... I'm causing you pain. Please go home; you're better off without me! I'll take care of my hand."

Tears are flowing down his face as he speaks. When I stare at him, his lips brush across my brow.

"I'm not going anywhere! I'm sorry, but I'm not able to!" He shuts his eyes before speaking, and I shout.

He looks at me again and says, "Please close your eyes for me, darling." With a puzzled expression on my face, I stare at him. He took one hand off my waist and kept the other on my cheek. "Baby, please..."

I sigh and do what I'm told. I shut my eyes. I'm waiting to see what he'll do. I sense his face getting closer to mine. On my lips, I can feel his breath. My heart is racing at the moment. His tears still streaming down his cheeks, his lips eventually contact mine.

My body begins to feel a slew of emotions. I don't want him to be able to leave my mouth. It's a kiss that's full of passion, love, and warmth. My hands begin to wrap around his arms. He clenches his fists, refusing to let go.

He released go of my lips after a few seconds. I want to open my eyes, but his voice prevents me from doing so.

He says, "Don't open your eyes," with a mournful tone in his voice. He loses control of me. I'm no longer aware of his presence. I want to touch him again; his touch has become addictive to me. It feels like home, and he never fails to make me feel at ease.

I hear his voice once more. I felt weak after hearing what he said. "I love you... Ro," he exclaims, beaming. I want to respond, but I sense he's walking away.

I open my eyes and no longer see him. It's past the point of no return. Tears begin to flow once more.

He was gone...

<<<<<|>>>>>