10 | 𝓐𝓷𝔁𝓲𝓮𝓽𝔂

"Make a deal with the devil"

I stand there, next to my injured friend's hospital bed. In the depths of dismay, everyone was worried sick for Dean. He passed out a while ago and we don't even know what spell Mattheo set on him. We know of absolutely nothing. But I, I know that my hatred was increasing, faster and faster every time the clock ticks as we all sit and wait in front of his bed in the infirmary.

Fucking Malfoy.

"What do we do?.." I hear Hermione mutter, sitting on a chair and holding Dean's hand. We were all absolutely exhausted from the occurences that kept happening.

Malfoy.

"I don't know anymore" I reply back tiredly and rub my eyes, barely having any sleep for days. "I guess we wait"

Kill Malfoy.

"He's faster than us" Noah cuts me off. "Whatever we do, he does it ten times harder" I scoff at him, not believing his words about Draco. "Do you think Dean would say that? No, he would want us to fight back-"

"-What? Like you always do? The only reason Dean is in the hospital bed right now is because you just always need to fight back! He sacrifised himself for you when Mattheo got angry" Charlotte shouts at me, startling me in the process. I stare back and gulp down hard as I clench my fists, hearing her words. "So you're saying it's my fault?"

"I'm saying things would be a lot different if you weren't so eager to have the last word" She explains and i laugh humourlessly. "And let him stomp on me? It's Draco Malfoy for Merlin's sake, he will not stop until I'm on the floor begging him to" I sneer.

"Don't you see he's freaking changing you?-" She says standing up and coming closer to me. "-It's not him that's changing me!" I shout back at her.

My eyes catch Noah's and he gives me a knowing sad look while I quickly get up from where I was sitting. "If I'm such a trouble for you then I'll distance myself"

"Guys, stop arguing. It won't do any good" Nicole says to us and I shake my head, grabbing my wand. "No, she's right. Whenever I'm around you guys someone always gets hurt" I walk to Dean, leaning down. I give a soft kiss onto his forehead. "I'll stay away for a while"

Noah grabs my wrist. "If you're alone, he'll easily win" He argues while my back is facing him and I'm about to walk away.

"But if you guys are with me, you'll easily lose" I reply quietly, taking his hand off me and walking off.

"It's okay, make sure to watch each other's backs" I give my last order, not turning to look at them before I'm about to leave the room.

"Aurora.." I suddenly hear Dean whisper brokenly. I'm startled by his voice, standing there for a while, wondering if i should ignore and leave but instead, I quickly turn around and run back to him.

"Why are you guys so loud? I'm trying to die peacefully here" He groans.

"You're awake" Tears bring themselves to my eyes as I see him in such state. "Dean, I am so sorry" I hold everything in, he smiles at me and raises his hand onto my head, stroking my hair, having a happy expression even though his black hair was a mess and his eyes looked tired, his body covered in bandages.

"What are you talking about silly? It's not your fault" He defends and a tear rolls down my cheek, he gently wipes it away with his thumb.

Dean nods reassuringly at me "It's going to be okay" He whispers, bringing me into his arms and I hide my face into his neck so no one sees my tears. "I'm so sorry.." I can't help but apologize again while holding him tightly.