35 I 𝓢𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼

"Aurora? Hey? Earth to Aurora!" A hand gets swatted in front of my face, I flinch before giving them my attention. Dean says something inaudible, it feels like my brain and ears are filled with cotton. 

"What?" I mutter, staring at him as we sit in the assigned benches from our houses, wearing winter clothing. The Quidditch team in front of us flying everywhere so it's hard to keep trap on who's who and where they are. 

"You seem distracted." Dean frowned.

I woke up over two weeks ago. Turns out when the train stopped, the school already sent out help. The students surrounded the wounded hero in a circle as the sore enemy held her in his arms-Everyone cried. 

The perfect ending,

Except I didn't die.

".. You okay?" Dean asks. My expression changes, chuckling a little bit. "Yeah.."

I nearly killed everyone due to my treason.

I fucked Draco Malfoy.

"I don't know, you seem quieter than usual."

I fucked Draco Malfoy. And no one knows where he is.

"No, I'm okay. I'm fine." I nod.

Nicole, Ron and Harry are swatting around the field. It's Slytherin against Ravenclaw. Charlotte also plays in the game but she's in Hufflepuff, so she's sulking in her own bench at the assigned house. Me and Dean laugh as we see her pout, staring at the game in jealousy.

I realise how much I've changed in a matter of months. I remember being so lively and giddy, full of jokes and planning. It's been a very long time since my war with Draco started, however only now does it start to fully hit me. The pressure. The responsibility. I try to be as happy as I can, but it's difficult when you know you can lose your family at any time. 

Everything seems to have changed. There is no two teams anymore, nor two sides. Every student has the opportunity to be a child once again. The teachers seem to love to teach again, now that they are assured there won't be extreme fights happening in the classrooms. Everyone seems to be focused on actually learning, studying. 

I, for one, am not much of a person who likes to study. I love Hogwarts, and I am getting the taste of what I had when I first came here-A home. Safety. Education. The Hogwarts great hall is filled with food for everyone now that the students are prohibited to steal from another house. Sirius was right, it is all back to normal after years. 

And it is because I have died. 

It's because the leader of the peace, died. And the enemy refused to take over. The students that were in his team seem a lot happier, they are not mindless soldiers anymore. And the students from mine, they are just happy I am alive. 

I look down to the corner of my eyes, an old Daily Prophet is within the hands of Pansy. The front cover is our broken Hogwarts Express, our beloved train-On fire and destroyed. Apparently it got easily put back together and polished, luckily we have magic to help in situations like these.

However, on bottom front page, there is also a moving motion picture of me. Staring into the camera with murderous intent as blood covers my body and I am controlling the people around me, my loved ones looking terrified. 

A sigh leaves me. 

The time is ticking, everyone is getting up in anticipation as we see Harry chase the snitch. "Go on Harry!!" I shout with all my might, adrenaline going through everyone as the cold wind grabs and pulls us. "Wooo! Gryffindor!" Dean shouts just in time for Nicole to fly across us and give us a glare. "That's not very supportive of me, guys!"