44 I 𝐸𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑜 𝒫𝒶𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓊𝓂

The lake is frozen.

We stand still, out of breath and freezing as we shiver and stare in defeat at the Black Lake in front of us.

It's frozen, and there's no way we can go around.

"FUCK!" Blaise shouts. "What are we going to do? THEY'RE COMING!"

"We are so fucked." Charlotte cries, hyperventilating. I see Noah staring from behind, wanting to comfort her but stopping himself. Nicole catches my eyes and gets the hint, quickly grabbing Charlotte and hugging her.

"Do any of you have a broom shoved up your ass? I think we need one." Ron mutters.

"What if we cut off a tree and make our own?" Neville comments.

"We can't do that, dumbass. It doesn't work that way." Fred argues. Neville frowns. "And how do you know that? Do you create brooms in your free time?"

"I fuck your mom in my free time-" Fred argues loudly. "-Okay, this isn't helping the situation. Both of you shut up." Harry shouts, although he can't take the smile off his face as Blaise laughs loudly.

"We need to go through." I state.

The smiles drop, eyes meet my vessel in fear.

"Aurora is right.." Hermione says, which is something barely ever said by her. We all look at our doom, if Hermione agrees with me-That we should go through the frozen lake that could engulf us if the ice breaks, then we are all fucked.

"I'll go first." Harry says, his footsteps are slow and steady as he starts to walk on the ice. We all stare in anticipation, anxiety curses through our veins.

The ice is strong, however there are times where Harry's steps seem too rough-And the whole lake roars, as if warning of the dangers under.

Fred sighs loudly before following him, and then Ron, and then Nicole. And soon, we all follow.

Except me, who's hands seem to tremble the most. I stand still, my eyes not leaving the monstrosity in front of me. I can handle the monsters, the spells and the magic. However, my weakness seems to come out with the simplest things, and nature presents the elements today.