60 | 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽

"There's three of them!-"

"You killed him.. " She cried as she stared at the lifeless body on the floor.

"He wanted to hurt you.. " I simply replied, holding my wand as I stared down at the scene with an emotionless expression.

"It's because of m-my mark, it's my fault!.. " Aurora shouted the words in frustration, she hated herself, her body.

"No, no! Listen to me" I moved to her, the second I tried to hold her she pushed me away. "No! Don't touch me! My body is evil.. It's evil! " She sobbed, I gulped hard but didn't listen, and I pulled her into me. After every fight, every slap, every objection, she finally melted into my arms after a while, grabbing me tighter than ever before as she sobbed into my chest.

"It's alright" I whisper, hearing her cries made me close my eyes tightly.

"It's my fault. He touched my mark" She says as a guard lays next to us, the second I saw that he tried to get on top of her, I stopped him.

I killed him.

"Darling, it's not your fault. He couldn't control himself" I say, pulling her away so she looks into my eyes, her teary sad eyes stared into mine as she tried to calm her breathing.

"Your mark may give bad thoughts for some reason, but it's the people's choices. It's their actions. Not yours. They act upon it.. " I say to her, tears streaming down her face and I quickly wipe them away. "It's them that are evil"

"Your body is a magical palace" I add, smiling slightly at her.

"People are bad.. " She says, gulping hard. "Yes.. " I agree as she goes to hug me again. I stroke her hair and hold onto her tightly. She was my flower, delicate and beautiful.

"But I'll protect you." My lips meet her forehead and I feel her entire body melt into mine, finally calming down.

"I'll always protect you from the darkness..from anyone who tries to harm you"

"I promise, Vaperia"

Even if it's me.

I stare into space, more and more memories begin to haunt me, it's been months since she has died yet I felt the same way that I did on the first day that I started to live without her.

I stayed in the sacred room, she was once here, laying on the couch after Pansy attacked her in the bathrooms and I aided her, I remember how peaceful she looked, but even though she was sleeping she still looked so exhausted, so small, almost fragile.

I knew I had to quickly make sure she saw no more, she cannot ever see what this room consists of, what it holds, it would change everything. However, she won't get the chance to anymore. She was gone for good.

There's a knock on the door, making me quickly look up as I sat on the same couch she was once on, fingers slightly onto my lips while I was deep in thought before I got interrupted. "The twins saw unusual sightings in the forest" Blaise informed.

We've been looking for the Riddle brothers for days, but there was no sight of them, only a two pieces of paper that was given to us by an owl.