18 | 𝒜 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝒦𝒾𝓈𝓈

Trigger warning.

***

"He shouldn't have touched you"

I groan, feeling tired and pained as I lay there. It was the feeling I experienced quite often since I was young, the feeling of hurtful thorns silently stabbing me. Pansy and others grabbed me by the hair and took me to some dark hallway, beat me down the only way they could; physically.

I could see the night sky through the large windows that were displayed around me, it was dark yet I still felt warmth coming from the soft moon laced around the powerful small Suns. However, my body was blue, cold and pale due to the skirt and blouse I was wearing.

Whenever I see my body, it's like travelling time. Remembering the details of my uncle's eyes when he saw me in short dresses, watching my skin grow goosebumps when my dad didn't believe my worries. My uncle however wouldn't be the only one to give me such uncertainty.

I didn't like the way he looked at me, how they looked at me. As if I was only a delicate meal for their hungry mouths.

Many in this school will hate me for being so present with my body, walking with confidence through the classrooms. Yet, they will not try to understand why, why I remind them, it is my body. I use it just however I believe so.

Why should I respect it when it was never respected? A world's unfair logic.

So I travel through bed to bed, trying to catch at least a bit of feeling. A good feeling, a feeling that actually makes my heart chase something more than pleasure. However, it never comes.

And I believe it never will, I've experienced pain plenty of times throughout my life. So has everyone, but isn't that what makes us true? Connection. Through our harms and hurt, it all makes sense to me.

My friends too, befriended by their happy smiling mouths, their words said comedy but their eyes said different. And I knew, who to trust and not.

As for everyone has their troubled pasts. And maybe, you'll tell me about yours one day too.

Just like Charlotte. The gentle quiet girl, hating confrontation as soon as it hits. We are all formed some way or another, her path was decided through her strict aunt, who never let her speak, a small peep would lead by horrors.

Dean was always quiet about his past, but it was clear he went through things by the evident scars on his back. He rarely showed them, probably insecure about them. Yet, he was the tallest and strongest out of all of us.

Noah, however, he told me all about his past, knowing I would never judge him. He was abused, very abused. All by his mother which was very homophobic, and hated the fact that her son is different due to him loving both sexes.

Nicole, she had very sexist parents, which I related to though not to her extent, it all formed her into her sarcastic and artistic self. Got taught how to clean the house and take care of her many brothers, yet she never got love herself, having all the responsibilities on her own.

The golden trio obviously had connections no one could have with another. Harry being driven by his demons just like I always have. He lost his parents and now has to deal with everything on his own.

Ron being loyal with every part of every friendship, yet paying for it. Hermione hating herself for years due to her muggle parents, she never blamed them. She told me she only blames the people who made her feel the way she is, so insecure. We all were.

We were just kids. And we found each other, not caring if our connection is still early, we will protect one another. All the pain and suffering, colliding together and creating a unity. Though it can break, the pieces will always still important.