52 I 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓸'𝓼 𝓕𝓮𝓪𝓻.

*POV; UNKNOWN*

Aurora wasn't always sad. 

She used to be the best kind of delicacy for those who deserved it. It blasted through her energy, her aura. The way she walked, it screamed happiness. There was always a comeback that slipped through her mouth, a prank in her plans to make everyone around her laugh.

However, little by little, that light inside her quietly slipped away. From every remark that the world gave out about her personality, her body. She tried to be strong, ignore it, however, she was just a girl after all. And girls like her didn't really have a choice whether or not they were going to be hated in life or not, it just happened. 

Her mother left her on a doorstep, arms stretched out for a last touch. On that doorstep, she got beaten by her new father and mother. She lived in fear most of her life. However, she never showed it. A poor girl, with nothing but darkness in her fingertips.

However, then she met her enemy.

A strong, manipulative rich boy. A mastermind, a trickster. She met him and for years and years, they battled within the halls of Hogwarts. For years, thousands of people in the wizarding world became enthralled within their story, the story of hatred and passion.

Aurora Diavolo had her priorities straight, she did it all for her family. Her friends. 

She did it for them and only them yet couldn't explain why she felt the need to touch Draco even when no one was looking. 

She knew he was evil, it was the kind of evil that needed to be kept away-The kind that destroyed cities in a snap of a finger. He was smart, too smart. Confident, and yet, he was beautiful. The kind of beautiful that angels from heaven were jealous of. 

"You're awake." Aurora muttered, hiding her smile whilst sitting on top of the bed. She sees Draco's hand open for holding, but she does not move further. 

"I am." Draco stared at her. He hasn't stopped since he woke up. "Is everyone alright?" 

Draco didn't need to care, it was known that he was the most selfish individual in Hogwarts. He only did things that benefited him, and caring for Aurora's friends wasn't a part of it. However, seeing her eyes lit up, getting asked a simple question, the touch of affection by word-It was all worth it. She changed him in ways that were so simple, even God didn't notice.

"They are." Aurora was quieter than usual. "Well..Noah's legs are in a very bad shape. He's still asleep, they fear he won't be able to walk again."

Draco's hand meets Aurora's. She looks up at him with tears in her eyes, but quickly does her best to hide her emotions. He notices immedietly, and his grip on her tightens. "I'm sorry that I couldn't save him." Draco mutters. "I tried to get to him, but the shop was already burning and I had to get the people out of there."

"Blaise told me." Aurora reassured. "You did your best, Draco. Besides, it's not your fault that Noah was on that roof in the first place." 

She looked down in shame and deep thought. "I-It's mine."

"That's not true-" "-I used my magic on him." Aurora interrupted, making him frown. "He was beating Dean out of anger..and I told him to go outside. However, I didn't realise he'd go that far. And then..someone pushed him, someone who was apparently from media and not a DeathEater-If only I just didn't fucking do that. He'd have his legs. I can't believe I was that fucking stupid-"

Aurora begins to cry out of frustration and hatred for herself. "I-I am so fucking stupid and reckless, Draco. I hate it. I hate myself!"

 Draco immedietly shook his head. "Hey, hey. It's okay." Taking her into his arms, she cries into his chest as he caresses her hair. "It's not your fault, Aurora. You didn't know this would happen."