21 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒪𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓍

"See what you're capable of"

I come out of class and I see Pansy walking up to me. I sigh, scooting closer to Noah. "Baby?" He whispers in concern.

"Are you alright?" My friends stop in the hallway, looking at me once Dean asks the question.

"You haven't really eaten anything these past couple of days," Nicole told me, Charlotte frowned agreeing. "And you have bags under your eyes, did the nightmares start again?"

I smile at them, chuckling and shaking my head as I shake off the cold feeling I get as soon as they show they care. "Honestly guys, have you seen yourselves?" My legs continue walking, and they all laugh. Draco probably told them I fell into a lake, excusing my troubles when they helped me and cleaned me up.

"You do look horrible" Noah says and I roll my eyes, successfully running from Pansy without making it obvious. "And they say romance is dead" I joke, rolling my eyes. Noah smiles at me boyishly, patting my head gently, as if to apologize.

"Miss Diavolo"

I turn around, frowning when I see Snape standing there, a look of hatred on his face when he sees Harry. "Dumbledore asks to speak with you"

My lips turn into a small smile as he mentions the headmaster, I excuse myself from my friends. "Don't worry guys, meet you later" I wink before giving a knowing look. We were all going to the forest tonight to celebrate Noah's birthday.

When we arrive at the office, the door opens and I walk in. "Yes, sir? You asked for me?" My voice is tired but clear. "Yes, indeed I have" His voice booms in the room.

He sat me down in front of his desk, the room quiet as Snape stood by the side. "I have some news" Dumbledore said. I listen in, and when I hear them, my eyes get clouded and the smile that I plastered onto my face drops.

"Your father will be working at Hogwarts"

"What?!" I stand up, shocked hearing his words. "No.. why?" "-He thinks it would be a good way to keep a check on you. If you haven't forgotten, you're here in hiding. He wants to protect you" He informs me quietly, watching my reactions with a sad look. "No, sir. You can't let that happen"

"I'm afraid it is not my choice anymore, Aurora" His words stab me, I shake my head in denial. "I am being replaced by him, instructed by the Ministry Of Magic. You will be alright, I assure you"

"But why?" I growl, he stands up. "I'll speak to Harry about this too. However..Lord Voldemort is back, the Riddle brothers are in a hectic place and I am afraid they are looking for something in this school. It's getting dangerous, you need more protection, that's why the Ministry is getting involved and therefore your father is joining in too"

"I do not need any protection" I scoff, he gives me a stern look. "Oh? Really?" I know the meaning by his words, seeing my form right now I do not look quite convincing of my words. I'm a complete mess, not just from Draco and others but from my internal dilemma as well.

"I don't understand" I speak without thinking, Dombledore stares at me with dare. "At the start of the year you said what? Help will always come to those that deserve it. And what have you been doing to help anyone except Harry?" I glared.

Dumbledore narrows his eyes. "And who else would need my help?"

"Oh I don't know-Maybe Draco Malfoy." I shout.