Soft Mornings

The art at the top is by @ 900sbde on Instagram, I have so much of there art saved lol :]

~♡♡♡♡~

Dream is usually up first in the mornings. It's pretty rare to find George up before him. In most cases George is asleep, but the dirty blond doesn't mind, especially when it comes to the mornings.

As Dream slips out of bed, moving the lithe arm off his torso as he goes, trying his best not to disturb his sleeping boyfriend or the two cats sleeping on the edge of the bed. He makes his way to the bathroom so he can do his business, brush his teeth, and then slide his way into the kitchen.

Dream has always had a soft spot for breakfast foods. So he quickly pulls out the waffle maker, pulls out the ingredients for the aforementioned cooking supplies, and gets to work measuring and stirring.

As he pours the first waffle into the pan, sliding the lid closed, he makes his way to the fridge to grab strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream. The taller sets the toppings onto a cutting board, the whipped cream off to the side next to it, and then checks up on the waffle.

The waffle is a wonderful golden brown as he uses tongs to take it out of the hot maker, putting it onto a plate next to it, pouring in more batter to replace it.

After the lid is closed, he opens up the plastic container of strawberries and cuts about a small handful, then proceeds to replace the now finished waffle once again.

While in the middle of cutting the banana, he feels arms wrap around his waist and a head pressed between his shoulder blades.

He chuckles warmly at the contact, knowing how clingy his boyfriend can be in the morning. So, he turns around, leans down, and presses a kiss softly on his forehead, and watches as the brunet looks up with a soft smile on his face, eyes closed with slightly pink tinted cheeks.

No matter how long they've dated, every affectionate action affects them both about as much as is it did the first time they did it.

Dream notices the large green hoodie on the brunet, long enough to fall just above his mid-thighs, barely showing his black sleep shorts, as well as the sweater paws the other has. He smiles as he sees the way the fitted hoodie almost swallows the shorter male in front of him.

Still looking down at his boyfriend, Dream says, in a voice still laced with sleep and smile evident, "Good morning baby, you look very comfy" he turns back around long enough to replace the now finished waffle but turns his attention back around to the brown-eyed boy.

"Good morning, how long have you been up? and I am, very" George replies, the words slurred with sleep. The shorter stands up on his tippy toes, and kisses under the tallers jaw before he turns around and goes to the fridge, grabbing two bottles of water. He sets one next to the cutting board, where Dream has finished cutting up the banana, and then opens his own and takes a sip of the cold, refreshing drink.

"Not long, how many waffles do you want?" Dream replies, grabbing his water bottle and taking a sip as well, leaning his back against the countertop.

"like two, and I want strawberries on one and some bananas on the other, please. lots of whipped cream as always" George instructs, as he takes a few steps forward to press his face against the other chest.

Dream moves his hand, the one not holding the water bottle, to run his fingers through the brunet's hair, feeling the soft locks move around his digits.

George steps back after a few moments of standing in comfortable silence so Dream can grab the now finished, and last, waffle. The green-eyed man moves two of the waffles to a different plate, decorating all four waffles with their toppings, meanwhile, George moves to the other side of the countertop, sitting on one of the bar stools.

Dream slides the shorter boy his plate after grabbing two forks, while he sets his own next to George's plate, and takes a seat next to the other in the adjacent bar stool.

"These are really good, thank you Dreamie" George compliments, smiling brightly at the other as he continues to stuff his mouth with the fluffy breakfast item.

"Your welcome" the other replies with just as big of a smile, "what do you wanna do today?" Dream asks, taking another bite of his waffle that has bananas and whipped cream stacked on top.

"is it ok if we just stay in today? we stayed up last night since you were editing" George suggests, resting his head on the others shoulder after he takes another sip from his water bottle.

"I told you that you didn't have to stay up with me" Dream replies, lightly rolling his eyes but there's no hint of malice in his tone, only fond happiness for the other, "but yea, of course we can stay in"

"first of all, you let me sit in your lap while you did your thing, of course I'm staying up for that" George replies, trying to keep the same tone of voice as the other, "and second of all, yea we should just cuddle and watch movies"

So, when the two boys finished eating, talking lightly throughout eating and cleaning up the kitchen, they made their way to the living room, sitting down pressed together while watching whatever random movies were recommended to them on Netflix, mostly comedy movies that they didn't pay that much attention too.

Occasionally, the pair was greeted by a cat or two, when the small fluffy beings felt like being pet. Although, after a couple of minutes of walking all over George, Patches found a comfortable spot on his lap, while Cat laid down under one of Dream's arms.

~♡♡♡♡~

kinda mad at myself cuz I now I really want waffles :/