Like Always

The art is by @ andywaslost on Instagram :]

I think im almost done with writing my story 0-0. I like, speedran and wrote 4 chapters last night, so I'm gonna be reading it all and making sure it's all good, ya know :]

This is kinda based around like, the 1950's

tw// mentions of homophobia

~♡♡♡♡~

Nervous. Nervous was the best word to describe how he was feeling. Dream and George had already been dating for a few months at this point, there was really nothing to be nervous about. Dream just needed to ask his boyfriend out on a date.

They've gone on some dates before, obviously, but something about this one was a lot more different compared to their usual dates. Normally, they'd just stay at one of their homes, watch whatever black and white movie was on the small boxy TV, and scatter away from eachother whenever their parents came into view.

That part always sucked. Being in a gay relationship, in a time period where that was frowned upon, and not even being able to show affection to eachother at home, was always difficult for them.

So yeah, it makes sense why the tall blond was nervous to ask his boyfriend out on a date to a public drive-in movie theater.

He had just gotten a car, gotten a few casset tapes with songs to play, as well as two pillows and a blanket that always stayed in the trunk in his red Buick, for whenever he and George would cuddle in the back seat of the car, talking and listening to music for hours on end.

Something about them not being out, had been exciting but also scary. Sneaking around with eachother was always fun, but the thought of being caught shook them to their core. So they were careful. Always, always careful.

But he really wanted to go to that movie theater.

So he finally asked. It had been a casual Saturday, the two boys sitting outside the blonds house and swimming around in the backyard pool, talking idly, untill Dream asked a question.

"Do you wanna go see a movie? there's a showing at the drive-in theater, and um, I thought it'd be cool if we went. I get if your worried or something, we don't have to like, sit super close and since we'll be in the car, no one should really say anyth-" the rambling boy was cut off by an accented voice.

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you. Don't worry about it, we'll just be careful. Like always" the brunet reassured, smiling brightly from where he sat on the tiled ground, feet swaying in the water.

"Sounds good, sorry I just get so anxious about that sorta stuff..." he trailed off, seated next to George and staring down at the bottom of the pool.

"I know you do, but look on the bright side, we can still go out together, we just can't be too affectionate" the brit gave the other a sad but comforting look, moving his hand to rub against the others knuckles.

"Yeah, like always."

That had seemed to become a thing for them, to reassure eachother with the term 'like always'. Knowing nothing would change, and that whatever they did would be their regular. Their always.

Despite the growing fear in both of their guts, knowing a lot of other students at their highschool would be going to the theater as well, they were still excited. They love eachother, and that's the only thing that mattered.