Pottery and Plants (1)

The art is by @ inozuart on Twitter :]

Tbh, I was writing this as like a full story instead of a oneshot, but then I didn't even listen to my own plan, so now we have this.

I normally reread my oneshots right before I post them, but I've reread this one so many times that I'm sure it's fine, but if there's any spelling errors, don't be afraid to yell at me about it lmaoo :]

~♡♡♡♡~

By now he's drowned out all of the loud talking coming from the surrounding rooms, sticking in his earbuds and letting the music drift him off from the sounds of his work space.

Dream sat comfortably on his wooden stool, a pottery wheel in between his legs as his hands work with the small mound of clay, laying before him on the medium sized work space that the wheel provides. The gray mixture is covering the blonds hands as he continues to work with the still tough argil (I did everything I could to not say hard clay), dipping his hands into a bowl of water occasionally to make the job easier.

His spotify plays on shuffle as he works, the warm sun shining through the window, dark green curtains opened wide to let the natural light keep his space bright. He smiles as feels the clay start to soften up, making it much easier to work with, and mold into a small plant pot.

The studio Dream works in has many other artists, the studio overall is split up into many different rooms on the three story building, himself working on the second floor. His door is marked with the number 114, in skinny black numbers, just like all the other doors in the building. His room is a medium sized square, a counter running along the right wall, small black wooden desk under the window, cluttered with papers and random writing utensils. The space wasn't at all bare, many art pieces he had bought from other local artists hung up neatly on the white walls, as well as some black shelfs with random knickknacks laying on top of them.

The blond also had a small couch resting infront of the counter, comfortable and sometimes he would stay at the studio overnight, staying up to read and rest after finishing up commissions.

He had recently finished a ton of commissions, an assortment of clay pieces currently sitting in one of the many kilns that the building rented out to the people who rented out the studios. Dream had been working in this office for three years, enjoying a work space away from his apartment that he could go to and keep as his own home away from home.

Dream nearly jumped out of his skin as he felt someone's hand rest on his shoulder, a different hand taking out one of his earbuds.

"Hey idiot, how's it going?" Sapnap spoke, laughing as Dream tried to compose himself from the jump scare.

"Oh my god, Sap, what the hell?" the green-eyed male exclaimed, one hand resting over his canvas apron on his chest as he calmed down.

"I was bringing you your finished pieces, I went down to the kilns to check if Karl's pots were done, and I saw you rented one out. It said yours were finished on the timer, so I figured while I was down there I might as well be a gentleman and bring it up for you" the raven-haired male beamed at the other as he set the black plastic crate full of terracotta pots, bowls, and jewelry holders down.

"Oh, thanks man, speaking of him, how's Karl?" the taller asked as he washed and dried his hands, beginning to sort through the box, setting things on the counter in groups, grabbing a notebook to check things off as finished.

"He's doing good" Sapnap shrugged as he plopped down on the couch, watching the blond continue to look over the lined piece of paper, flipping to a different page and started to package a few things.