The Right Time

Thank you PatykAkaBadyl for the request! It was pretty fun to write :]

tw// brief mentions of alcohol (it's not like, a big thing or anything lol)

~♡♡♡♡~

It had all started with a joke, if Dream is being honest.

He and Sapnap had stayed up late at night, talking and drinking. They hadn't intended on getting drunk, maybe just a little tipsy if anything, but they lost track of time and lost track of how much they drank.

They were just sitting at their respective desks, Sapnap who was actually just in the other room but they didn't really care. They had been on call with Karl as well eairler, and instead of just going to eachothers room to continue the hangout after the carmel-haired boy left, they just stuck around in the VC.

They also knew that George was sleeping in his room down the hall, and if they hung out in person, they were afraid they'd get too loud and wake him up.

George had been busy all day and fell asleep eairler than usual, muttering a soft "join me later, please" to Dream before going to his room.

The blond's chest had bubbled with warmth in that moment, feeling so grateful for his boyfriend and everything that he ever said. George's words of endearment seemed to sink so deep into his skin, that it grew like roots to imprint his love and care.

Now, back to Sapnap and Dream joking around at an unreasonable hour.

"He's so perfect, I wanna go lay down with him as soon as we're done" Dream said, his words softly slurred with alcohol and sleep.

"Just like, propose to him at this point, you idiots are so in love" the raven-haired boy teased, dragging out the 'o' in 'love' exaggeratedly. He had never felt like a third wheel with his two friends, even with how hard they fell for eachother. With still being able to be apart of the joking flirting even after they started dating, without it being weird and just as funny as before. He was able to say things like that and joke around, nothing really changing besides labels and the physical affection. He made sure he wasn't crossing a line or anything of course, both boys assuring him he was in the clear.

Even through his muddled brain, Sapnap was definitely able to recognize and be thankful for their friendship dynamic.

"...What if I did though?" the thought had passed through the Floridains mind in the past, mostly as a joke for George to get a visa, but now, at 3 a.m., he wonders what it would be like to actually be married to his partner.

He and George had already been dating for over two years, their anniversary being in about a week, plus knowing eachother for almost six years. They've been with eachother through everything, and after putting a romantic label on their relationship, everything felt put into place.

But would the title "fiance" or "husband" be what they wanted?

George was 24 and he was 22, lots of people around their age were getting married, already having weddings that were planned a year in advance. They had never really discussed the topic together -besides as a joke, and at one point seeing how much work it would take to get married and have George move; turns out, way too much- but deep down he felt like he was ready.

Ready to move on to that next step in their relationship.

He giggled to himself at the overwhelming though of being married to his brunet boyfriend, leaning back to his chair and laughing up at the ceiling.

Yeah, that's what he wanted

A few minutes passed and both boys called it quits, going to sleep. Dream stood and stretched his back after sitting in his desk chair for so long, then made his way down the hallway.