Fallen Books

why do I write so many things based in cafes? anyway, here's a cafe 🤲

~♡♡♡♡~

He sat comfortably in the small in-store Cafe, sipping on an iced coffee as he typed away on his laptop. Dream had decided he needed to start doing homework or coding outside of the house, having three rambunctious roommates made focusing on college essays impossible. Plus, he needed to get out more in general.

So, when he saw that the local library got a cafe in the front right corner, he made himself at home in the cushioned black chairs.

He really needed to focus on this essay in particular, so going out of the house made it much easier.

As he finished up the conclusion to his essay about probability and statistics, he made sure his work was saved before closing his laptop. Dream took a sip of his cold drink, which was left almost forgotten next to his work, a ring of condensation sitting on the tables surface.

He slid his laptop into his small backpack, zipping it up before standing and stretching his back for a moment, the loud crack was satisfying although it did make him wince at the sound. He slid is backpack over one of his shoulders, beginning to walk towards the exit.

Dream pulled his phone out of his pocket, scrolling through notifications and checking the time.

Right before he could text his roommates and let them know he was about to head home, a short brunet came colliding into him, sending a small stack of books to the floor.

Since it was a slow Monday afternoon, there weren't very many people out, which the blond was thankful for since only a handful of people saw that.

"I'm so sorry" an accented voice rushed to say, scrambling to pick up the fallen books.

"I'm sorry for being in the way" Dream chuckled softly, crouching down and helping the shorter boy get all his belongings.

He then recognized the book cover of one of the books he picked up, turning it over so he could read the name.

"The Great Gatsby? I haven't read this since like, high school" the blond commented, both him and the brunet standing up.

"Oh, I'm getting it for my sister, she needs it for her English class" the brown-eyed boy explained, looking everywhere but Dream.

"Nice, one thing you should definitely tell her before she reads it, is that Nick is totally gay for Gatsby" both laughed at the tallers remark, the shorter boy covering his toothy grin behind his hand.

Dream took in the others appearance, soft pink cheeks, long and dark eyelashes, both contrasting with his paler skin. He blushed softly as well, both calming their laughter down.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to tell her" the others hand moved away from his face, now showing his wide smile. The dirty-blond blushed harder, and smiled brighter along with the brunet.

"Good, since the school won't teach that part, you have to" Dream teased, receiving another giggle from the presumed brit, based on his accent. Dream handed the book over to the shorter boy, the brunet putting it ontop of the stack of books he was getting.

After a moment of only slightly awkward silence, Dream decided to do what was on his mind.

"Um, do you think I can get your number? So, ya know, you can update me on your sister's reading" his blush darkened as he finally asked, waiting for a response.

"Oh yeah, just for that, right?" the boy teased, sticked his hand out and asking for the tallers phone.

"Of course, no other reason..." he jokingly trailed off, receiving an amused huff from the other.