Look How Far We've Gotten

There are two songs referenced in this since it's a band AU lol, the first one is "Loser" by Sunday Cruise and the second one is Dream and Alec's new song:]. By the way I don't know anything about music making so sorry if this isn't that accurate lol

Also, thank you so much for 200 followers :]

I'm so proud of how my writing sounds in this kahskja

cw//making out 😎

~♡♡♡♡~

He ran his fingers through sweat sticky hair, moving the blond locks back so they wouldn't stick to his forehead. The heat radiating off of his skin caused his jacket to stick to him in a mess of salty water and tired limbs.

Dream breathed out a relaxed sigh, smiling softly to himself as he took his guitar off from around his shoulder and rested it against his stool.

Him and his band were recording their current album, and due to the fact that they didn't have an actual recording studio yet, his garage was put to use. The black foam sound boards hung evenly on the walls, an old brown couch off to the side that had two recliners on each side of it, a matching arm chair that was extremely comfortable -atleast not when the Floridain heat was melting you into a puddle of hot tangerine, sticking to the chair like gum- but luckily they had set up a fan that pointed right at it.

A small coffee table was there as well, some random magazines and half-dranken coffee cups reminded the blond of tired all-nighters, ones where he and his band mates would pass out on the couch in a heap of caffeine addicted musicians. Pencils and notebooks of haphazardly scrawled lyrics made him grin to himself with a sleepy type of gratification, colored in strawberry hues called 'pleasant'.

His green eyes closed and he stood still for a moment longer, opening them back up to pick up his discarded water bottle, having already grown room temperature. He laughed softly to himself, realizing how much time had passed.

A door from behind him opened, a familiar face and accent tinged voice greeted him with a lovely presence.

"Hey Dream, Sapnap just got back with lunch" George smiled when his brown eyes met green, Dream turning around to greet his boyfriend.

"Hey, I just need to save this recording and I'll be right out" he explained, getting a smile pared with a nod in return, the garage door closing.

He shucked off the hot and damp jacket, setting it on the stool he was sat at prior to finishing up. He walked over to the laptop, saving some audio files to a specific folder, keeping it as organized as he could.

After he double checked to make sure everything was saved properly, Dream made his way to the living room, his bestfriend and boyfriend sat comfortably on the couch, downing pizza like they were starving men on the brink of extinction.

Though, he couldn't say he felt any different.

He sat on the comfortable cushion next to George, thanking Sapnap profusely for picking the pizza up, and shoving a slice of pepperoni pizza into his mouth. Cold bottles of water left circles of condensation on the side table, presumably George having left that out for them to drink from. He thinks it's George's doing due to the fact that a large bottle of coke next to the pizza box was definitely from the raven-haired boy on the other end of the couch.

After finishing his first slice, he downs half the bottle of water, exhaling and leaning back into the couch with sagging shoulders. The hot garage made his guitar feel about ten times heavier, his voice feeling strained and over worked at this point. He could practically feel the sweat being removed from his body because of the cold AC.