Ice Rinks and Bloody Noses

The art is by @ codiicronk on Instagram :]

Thank you so much for 200 reads!

tw// small amount of blood, as the chapter name suggests it's just a bloody nose

~♡♡♡♡~

George had always loved ice skating.

Watching others glide across the ice felt so magical to him. So, when he asked his parents if he could learn how to do all of those cool tricks and skate backwards, they happily obliged.

They signed the brunet up for a beginners club at a local ice rink, obviously wanting to make sure he understood the basics of ice skating. The rink he and his parents went to had three levels for the club; beginner, intermediate, and advanced.

George began skating in elementary school, reaching advanced by his freshman year of high school. He had always been a fast learner, and it helped that he genuinely enjoyed ice skating.

Whenever he got to put on his skates and enjoy the cold rink, he always felt calm and peaceful.

When he got to his junior year of high school, his family had to move to the states for his father's job. Although George was upset, he understood and when they finally did move, he looked just about everywhere for an ice skating rink with a club.

When he found one he noticed the place had four levels, the first three were the same but the fourth was labeled as "master". Because the rink also taught and held hockey games/practices, it was well known. So, professional figure skaters would practice there often, as well as joining in and helping teach the "master" level. Teaching new tricks to skaters who were already well taught.

~~~

George had showed up early on a warm Friday to that days meeting, wanting to have some free time on the ice. Now that he was in college, and in the masters level, he tried to visit the rink whenever he could.

What he didn't know though, is that Dream, one of the hockey players who regularly used the rink, as well as regularly flirt with George, would be there. 

Even though the brown-eyed male would usually brush the other off or ignore him, he did start to develop feelings for the confident, lean hockey player. He would never admit it though.

"Oh, hey Georgie. I thought figure skating started at 4?" Dream had skated over to the wall on the side that George was on, sliding on his skates.

"I wanted to come in early to practice some" the brunet shrugged. He finished tying his skates, standing up and then opening the gate to walk onto the ice. He started by just skating backwards, slowly building up speed.

"Can you show me one of your cool spins?" the dirty-blond asked, genuinely interested in watching the other do what he enjoyed.

"Um, sure. What do you want to see?" George stopped skating for a moment, making his way closer to the other man on the ice.

"Whatever is fine with me, I just wanna watch you, pretty boy" he smiled. If the brunet had been called that by anyone else, he probably would have flipped them off and left, but over his time in the states, he had grown some what fond of the blond boy.

So instead, he blushed mildly and nodded, moving a bit farther away to have space to show the other his favorite move, where he would skate forward and then jump and spin.